Sorry - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sorry

ScotlandFanMuir

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you can see the Georgia game is a different type of game to those you have listed though?

Not really. I'd say Georgia will approach it similar to Poland at home and try to attack but not throw caution to the wind.

If it was to be defensive as you say then it would be similar to Georgia at Ibrox where we scored and won or Ireland at Celtic park where we also scored and won.

Also, I should add, it isn't necessarily negativity, it's just trying to be unbiased and realistic.

My analysis of our game in Georgia would be similar to my analysis of Poland playing in Georgia or Ireland playing in Georgia.

Both of those teams won in Georgia so why is it unlikely that Scotland will?

Apart from Poland's freak result against Germany we have matched their results in every other game. In fact, we haven't played Germany at home yet so we could still match that one.

A Scotland win in Tblisi is realistic. They are ranked 139 in the world for a reason.

I'm not saying we are going to go there and win easily but if we go to Georgia expecting to draw 0-0 with a team over 100 places below us in the world rankings then we might as well chuck it.

Apart from Poland's freak result against Germany we have matched their results in every other game. In fact, we haven't played Germany at home yet so we could still match that one.

A Scotland win in Tblisi is realistic. They are ranked 139 in the world for a reason.

I'm not saying we are going to go there and win easily but if we go to Georgia expecting to draw 0-0 with a team over 100 places below us in the world rankings then we might as well chuck it.

Okay, you have misunderstood me.

I am not claiming it is unlikely we will win or that we should expect a 0-0 draw.

Edited by dohadeer

Not really. I'd say Georgia will approach it similar to Poland at home and try to attack but not throw caution to the wind.

If it was to be defensive as you say then it would be similar to Georgia at Ibrox where we scored and won or Ireland at Celtic park where we also scored and won.

I think it will indeed be similar to Georgia at Ibrox.

Okay, you have misunderstood me.

I am not claiming it is unlikely we will win or that we should expect a 0-0 draw.

Fair enough. That's kinda what it looked like though. Saying 0-0 is a VERY likely outcome gives the impression that anything else is unlikely.

Apologies for the misunderstanding though.

Agree with you again here.

All games gone to form so far near enough.

Add on watch Georgia v Poland watched this game and Poland humiliated them embarrassing at times.

I know they got better firer power than us but.....................

:ok: good post

I think it will indeed be similar to Georgia at Ibrox.

Indeed, that's why I'm going 0-2. Georgia got out of jail that game. We battered them, then we got the willies that made it look close.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Indeed, that's why I'm going 0-2. Georgia got out of jail that game. We battered them, then we got the willies that made it look close.

J

We 'battered' them to an extent in terms of possession but I don't remember that we created an awful lot? We needed a fluke goal to win 1-0.

Edited by dohadeer