Mccall Takes Rangers Job - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccall Takes Rangers Job

Get Ally oot the garden.

Aye, with McDowall and Durrant too!!

Wash your mouth out!

TT

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the second most likely move after McCall. But it doesn't give you any upside other than potential promotion as he would be off after that - McCall gives the upside that if he works he could remain in position.

For me Billy Davies was the only other candidate after those two, and I think McCall has more upsides.

TT

I read something yesterday that said they turned to McCall after Walter knocked them back.

I read something yesterday that said they turned to McCall after Walter knocked them back.

That was my first guess. I wonder how much McCall is getting paid (if anything)? Maybe doing for buttons with the hope of getting Sallary's old contract when his notice comes to an end. I thought he might bring Ally back just to save money but I guess he realized that would not go down too well.

Edited by thplinth

as a well a never forgave McCall for his comments after game in the league cup game that night against them when they were in division 3, he praised rangers fans for getting behind there team but failed to acknowledge the well fans who went to the game. Most spineless performance i have ever seen, motherwell players didnt even try. He lost my respect that night and hardly been back to a game since the defeat. Him and team let well fans down big time that night. Worst Rangers side ever and beat us so easy!

as a well a never forgave McCall for his comments after game in the league cup game that night against them when they were in division 3, he praised rangers fans for getting behind there team but failed to acknowledge the well fans who went to the game. Most spineless performance i have ever seen, motherwell players didnt even try. He lost my respect that night and hardly been back to a game since the defeat. Him and team let well fans down big time that night. Worst Rangers side ever and beat us so easy!

So you criticised him for not getting behind the team and their support and then you never went back - which to a greater extent, is not getting behind the team and the support...

I assume after the game he was asked about Rangers and their support, so he was probably simply answering a question about his ex team, would imagine he wasn't asked about the Motherwell support as they weren't the focus of any media attention at the time. So his comments are neither out of context, dismissive to Motherwell or particularly surprising. Your desertion of your team on the other hand...

And if it's a scrap of comfort, that wasn't the worst Rangers team ever...

TT

Kenny McDowall leaves Rangers after agreeing to cancel his contract for no payoff.

Very commendable.

Well he just went up in my estimations, wonder if Ally will do likewise??

TT

Don't know if this has been answered but how does this effect his role with the Scotland squad?

i'm sure i heard on radio scotland he's being granted leave to fulfil this role and there will be no issues returning to the scotland set up if he's not kept on by rangers after the end of the season

To pick up on Geeds point.

Nearly all Motherwell's worst performances under mccall were in cups, and our record v Rangers was diabolical long before mccall arrived at fir park (Last win December 2001). So there was an inevitability about it.

However the old cliché about "there never being a better time to face Rangers/Celtic" was never more apt than that night, but we were utterly spineless.

I know I've been mostly negative about Mccall in this thread, and I'm about to be again, but he was a very good manager for us, and a great fit at the time he came in. However I think seeing him sharing a laugh with ally mccoist at full time in that game stuck in the throats of a lot of 'well fans, especially given he's been close to tears a couple of times as a pundit at Rangers games.

:lol:

It didn't stop me getting behind him and enjoying the success it brought!

To big up his strengths, he is very good at beating the teams below him, and motherwell had a great knack of winning tight games, and often ending up winning quite comfortably in games that to a point could've swung either way.

The last 10-15 games of 2012/13 is probably the best, most attractive and most consistent I've seen motherwell, certainly since the early 90s.

It's actually unfortunate he didn't hang on at motherwell, as with the backing the new guy has got he could have overhauled the squad and back room team wgich appeared to have gone stale, but he'd given up, possibly with an eye on this????