Hibees Vs Rangers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibees Vs Rangers

Haven't got a clue why but heading to this game on Sunday as usual, out of loyalty more than anything else I suppose.

Not familiar with Edinburgh at all and never been to Hibs away, I take it Easter road is walking distance from the train station?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't got a clue why but heading to this game on Sunday as usual, out of loyalty more than anything else I suppose.

Not familiar with Edinburgh at all and never been to Hibs away, I take it Easter road is walking distance from the train station?

Bout a mile and a half from the Station so give yourself plenty of time.

Can't remember ever being in a boozer at the ground (usually all home fans) so possibly worth you stopping at a pub on Leith Walk for a pint. In fact now i think about it there are areas down near the ground where you can have a couple of cans in the street. A Hibee can maybe correct me but I think we used to stand at the corner of Easter Rd and Bothwell Street before going over the bridge to the south stand.

Good luck buddy, hope yer team wins :ok:

Bout a mile and a half from the Station so give yourself plenty of time.

Can't remember ever being in a boozer at the ground (usually all home fans) so possibly worth you stopping at a pub on Leith Walk for a pint. In fact now i think about it there are areas down near the ground where you can have a couple of cans in the street. A Hibee can maybe correct me but I think we used to stand at the corner of Easter Rd and Bothwell Street before going over the bridge to the south stand.

Good luck buddy, hope yer team wins :ok:

Aye looking at google maps it did seem a fair distance away from the train station, just need to leave plenty time.

Hopefully find a decent boozer on my travels somewhere.

Not a chance, I'd bite your hand off for a draw at this stage.

One thing to remember is that you get directed out a different way to the way you go in?

Yeah 15/20 minutes walk from the station. I would walk past the omni centre along london road onto Easter Road. After your on Easter road walk to the chippy on the corner then right along bothwell St over the famous bridge,stadium in front of you turn right to the South stand. After the game you will only be able to go back the way you came due to segregation barriers.

As for a beer middletons on ER has away fans in and you'll probably get in anywhere without colours.

Aye looking at google maps it did seem a fair distance away from the train station, just need to leave plenty time.

Hopefully find a decent boozer on my travels somewhere.

Not a chance, I'd bite your hand off for a draw at this stage.

I'd actually recommend Cafe Royal across the road from the station.

Very good boozer.

I think Rangers will get a decent result.

It'll be 3-0 Hibs.

The most depressing this is, that even if we do get a result we won't even be able to enjoy it on here. I can picture it now.

'ah you finally won one.....well done, I thought you were waiting for the next solar eclipse or something'

pricks :angry:

:-))

The most depressing this is, that even if we do get a result we won't even be able to enjoy it on here. I can picture it now.

'ah you finally won one.....well done, I thought you were waiting for the next solar eclipse or something'

people :angry:

:-))

Ach, I'm no really bothered at all.

It's just fun to tickle the fancy of my Rangers mates... :wink2:

oaft belter.

It took me ages to work out what an Oaft Belter was.

I thought it was a strange insult...then I got it.... :wink2:

Very intimidating atmosphere, hibs away. Especially that wee bridge. :!:

Very intimidating atmosphere, hibs away. Especially that wee bridge. :!:

There hasn't been anything intimidating about that bridge (or Hibs away) since around 1982.

The police keep both sets of fans well apart.

33ypevd.png

Have read the book it was a good read :ok:

One of the better 'Hoolie' books I've read I must say.

Agree with the above though, Polis have got it sewn up round about there these days. Can't imagine there will be any bother near the ground. Throwing bottles around the Omni Centre seems to be the 'casuals' new game when the two teams meet. Fannies.