Familiarity Breeds Contempt - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Familiarity Breeds Contempt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infest this place? This site is run by Aberdeen fans. How many games a season do you get to?

I fly home from abroad at least once a month to watch Aberdeen, and try to get to as many home Scotland games as possible. I know for a fact that this place isn't run by Aberdeen fans.

I was at the game.

Would that mean I'd be allowed to say "get it right up you ya hurting sheep shagging person" if I chose to?

Hypothetically of course

I've no problem at all with that.

Edited by Rossy

I was at the game.

Would that mean I'd be allowed to say "get it right up you ya hurting sheep shagging person" if I chose to?

Hypothetically of course

I'd object to someone calling me 'person', just seems weird

Mackay-Steven makes it 1-0.

No doubt some upset Arabs will be along to complain about the ref, or Scott Brown, or their Chairman, or something.

Typical gloating internet Tim. We're infested with them on here.

Why is he not at the game filling one of the empty 35000 seats ?

Normally I wouldnae do this, but since you were such a stupidly boasting,gloating kchunt ...and we told you no to boast...this is especially for you, so look hard , and take it in.

Your team team was comprehensively, completely and embarrassingly outplayed. Your team was outfought, given the run around, and made to look like a bunch of skinny, useless teenagers hat had never met each other before.

Your team was dominated, from the first minute to the last, and the one shot you managed on goal was barely representative of game where Aberdeen outclassed your team from start to finish.

I realise you weren't there, but if you were I'm sure you would have left after 60 mins like the rest of the utterly mute United fans.,

So anyway, as I said, normally this would just have been another run of the mill, simple Dons win........but since you shot your load so comprehensively and humiliiatingly after the first game of the season.....with 37 to go....I just thought I'd help you out with how today's game went.

Enjoy...... :ok::ok::ok:

Slasher, only responding to a thread designed to wind utd supporters up. Celtic have won these games easily and deserved to. That doesn't mean we can't analyse and talk about some of the football and decisions. Glad this run of games is over it has become pretty unsavoury.

Enjoy your celebrations. Your team has played well.

I think you do yourself a touch of the delusions of grandeur. The thread was designed to discuss the match, there was a reference to the last few days on the TAMB however any belief that it was set out to wind up is wrong.

Over the course of the four matches there has been some shocking decision made by referees that's have both favoured and disadvantaged both team. I think that our two signings will go on to be future stars for Celtic and coupled with the additional players that you have lost Dundee United will contribute to at least 3, if not 4 of the Scotland first team going forward. Whilst the loss is raw at the moment, there is a degree of satisfaction a few years down the line when we are standing watching scotland games. A satisfaction that very few clubs have been able to have over the last few years.

Some mouthy Tims...who never, ever go to games...spend their time w@nking themselves into a frenzy on their own mhanky websites then come on here to infest this place with their gloating/self-pitying shite.

I'd have an iota of respect for them if any of them ever went to watch a fitba game, but as it is, I've got more respect for the shite on ma shoe.

You say that you are not angry yet it drips off every one of your posts.

You deliberately ignored my previous question when I asked about who you were refering to when you asked about not going to games in your first post. Even though we both know that you were trying to introduce a circle jerk to try and reinforce your point. It smacks of trying too hard to get attention.

It is true that I don't get to that many Celtic games, maybe one per year. However I am currently on six points for scotland games, go to most home games (this campaign has not been a great example, only been to one but that is due to pricing) and I have had a season ticket for Fulham for the last five or six seasons. This is also the only forum I post on regularly and I don't belive any of my posts have ever included self pity, by all means prove me wrong.

Far from me to tell any poster how to act but you have went beyond amusing and you are now just boring.

I think you do yourself a touch of the delusions of grandeur. The thread was designed to discuss the match, there was a reference to the last few days on the TAMB however any belief that it was set out to wind up is wrong.

Over the course of the four matches there has been some shocking decision made by referees that's have both favoured and disadvantaged both team. I think that our two signings will go on to be future stars for Celtic and coupled with the additional players that you have lost Dundee United will contribute to at least 3, if not 4 of the Scotland first team going forward. Whilst the loss is raw at the moment, there is a degree of satisfaction a few years down the line when we are standing watching scotland games. A satisfaction that very few clubs have been able to have over the last few years.

Haha those last two sentences patronising much?

As for deila, how does Celtics points tally this season compare to previous seasons? I would think it would be a fair bit lower.

As for deila, how does Celtics points tally this season compare to previous seasons? I would think it would be a fair bit lower.

On reflection yes they were patronising. Apologies if it comes across that way, I was badly emphasising that Dundee United will produce almost half the Scotland team in the near future. Something that as a Celtic fan is disappoints me that we have not been able to do.

As for the second point. After 28 games the comparison is

2014-15 - 66

2013-14 - 75

2012-13 - 62

2011-12 - 71

Last season we were unbelievable consistent and ended the season on 99 points. It would not surprise me to see us finish the season with 90+ points which if coupled with a domestic treble, for only the forth time in our history, would be a very successful debut season for RD.

Yes, but being undefeated in the 2 cups more than makes up for that. I'd rather lose a couple more league matches than a couple of cup matches.

The SFA's Random Discipline Generator says......

McGowan's red card stands.

No surprise there.

It was barely a yellow, never mind a red. But it all sums up the ridiculousness of the process.

I see the Record are still describing it as a "two footed lunge". I'm impressed with McGowan, especially his ability to do a two footed lunge with only foot.

It was made out to be worse than it actually was.

What didn't help was he'd been going nuts moments earlier & Henderson was going absolutely nowhere. At the time, it's fair to say it looked like he'd lost the plot & was trying to "do" someone.

Utd's players should get back to playing fitba & stop trying to act like hard men. They'd be far better off.

What didn't help was he'd been going nuts moments earlier & Henderson was going absolutely nowhere. At the time, it's fair to say it looked like he'd lost the plot & was trying to "do" someone.

Utd's players should get back to playing fitba & stop trying to act like hard men. They'd be far better off.

you are probably correct. good advice for scott brown too.

Part of the reason the fans (Scotland fans as well) like him is because he likes to get involved. I know there's been a lot of chat about him being a thug recently, but I don't see it at all.

Take away that & you're left with a very limited player.

I agree, but I think he's got worse recently. Sometimes he needs to stop puffing his chest out, smirking and generally admiring his "work" and get on with the game.

Part of the reason the fans (Scotland fans as well) like him is because he likes to get involved. I know there's been a lot of chat about him being a thug recently, but I don't see it at all.

precisely.

I disagree. Scott Brown is an excellent football player.

No surprise there.

It was barely a yellow, never mind a red. But it all sums up the ridiculousness of the process.

I see the Record are still describing it as a "two footed lunge". I'm impressed with McGowan, especially his ability to do a two footed lunge with only foot.

Paper's sensationalising it? Shock!!

Still a red card though. Every day of the week. As we are on the subject I would say it's pretty comparable to Brown's challenge at Tannadice.

Rossy - out of interest, did you think Brown's one should have been a Red? Can't quite fathom you saying the tackle is barely even a yellow tbh.