Steven Fletcher - How To Win Friends And Influence People - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Fletcher - How To Win Friends And Influence People

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fletcher earns £40k/week before bonuses. The car costs approx £250K. That is 6 weeks of wages to him.

How many people on here spent more than the equivalent of 6 weeks of wages on their car?

If you look at the figures in isolation, Fletcher is spending less on a car than the regular punter spends on their car.

Plus he contributes approx £800k/year to HMRC in the form of income tax.

If I was a Sunderland fan, I would be glad that he is spending his money on a car rather than booze and drugs.

Fletcher earns £40k/week before bonuses. The car costs approx £250K. That is 6 weeks of wages to him.

How many people on here spent more than the equivalent of 6 weeks of wages on their car?

If you look at the figures in isolation, Fletcher is spending less on a car than the regular punter spends on their car.

If I was a Sunderland fan, I would be glad that he is spending his money on a car rather than booze and drugs.

I've never paid more than £900 for a car.

but i agree with your points :ok:

Funny how this guy was being lauded as a World Beater, future of Scottish strikers etc by some on here when he was a convenient stick to beat Levein with.

The hysteria about him not playing the 1st two home games last time round was way OTT !

Edited by Robbo `81

I was going to make exactly this point yesterday just couldn't be arsed typing it all out.

As it is I totally agree with you. If anything he is being more sensible than the average punter that plummets themselves into ridiculous debt levels on stuff they can't afford.

Funny how this guy was being lauded as a World Beater, future of Scottish strikers etc by some on here when he was a convenient stick to beat Levein with.

The hysteria about him not playing the 1st two home games last time round was way OTT !

:lol:

Levein made a complete James Hunt of the whole Fletcher situation. I think even Levein has admitted that.

Fletcher was and still is, our best centre forward. Not that his ability had any real relevance to how shite Levein's management skills were.

Bottom line is, Fletcher is taking advantage of the generosity of stupid owners throwing silly money at average players and rightly so. This is a league that sees dross like Glen Johnson take home £120k per week plus.

Why shouldn't he spend his wages and pump money back into the economy? Chris evans has about a dozen classic ferraris, never hear anyone have a pop at him about owning them. Too much jealousy about.

That is because Chris has taste in cars lol

Like that one in Cardiff that was chalked off for no apparent reason?

J

When you're having to dig out 1 random disallowed goal from 19 caps I think that's kinda proving the other posters point. Fletcher's goal record, from supposedly our best centre forward, is atrocious.