Irn Bru Scotlands Other National Drink Signs A Sponsorship Deal With ....... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irn Bru Scotlands Other National Drink Signs A Sponsorship Deal With .......

I would not buy Coca Cola shares. Or any 'sugar based stock'. You still have plenty time but sugar is going to go the way of tobacco. Quietly reposition yourself out of it before it really starts to hit.

There's sugar in everything! I don't own any sugar based stocks FYR (if you were telling me that)

Edited by TartanJon

I would not buy Coca Cola shares. Or any 'sugar based stock'. You still have plenty time but sugar is going to go the way of tobacco. Quietly reposition yourself out of it before it really starts to hit.

I think we are some time away from it happening but it will happen. First to suffer will be the products which market themselves as healthy and are anything but.

Where's the problem? Irn-Bru has sponsored rugby league for several years. Its the biggest sponsor of rugby league's magic weekend where all the teams play at the same venue over a weekend - free Irn-Bru dished out in the fanzone - unfortunately just the plastic bottle stuff made in Wakefield not the real stuff in glass bottles made in outskirts of Glasgow .

The stuff is ruinous to people's health and Jim Murphy's a total for endorsing it during his man of the people referendum PR stunt.

so what we're saying is, there is a moral equivalence between working in a soft-drink industry and a meth lab, or anthrax lab.

so what we're saying is, there is a moral equivalence between working in a soft-drink industry and a meth lab, or anthrax lab.

Crystal meth and anthrax probably kill fewer people each year. If Murphy wants to do the decent thing and neck some crystal meth next time he's on his Bru crate I'd be all for it (although I don't think it would go all that well with glue); anthrax, not so much.

I found this in the shops over here last week! My very own wee taste o' hame!

11084239_10205933014065975_1006091724152

I was in Moscow in 2003 and still remember walking into this little back street mini-market to buy a bottle of water, and as soon as I walked through the door, was greeted to the sight of a entire section of the shop stuffed with Irn Bru bottles of all sizes :-))

I was in Moscow in 2003 and still remember walking into this little back street mini-market to buy a bottle of water, and as soon as I walked through the door, was greeted to the sight of a entire section of the shop stuffed with Irn Bru bottles of all sizes :-))

They don't sell it willy nilly here. There are shops though that cater to all cultures here. If you dig around you can find them.

They don't sell it willy nilly here. There are shops though that cater to all cultures here. If you dig around you can find them.

My Mrs was not impressed first time she tried it.... apparently there was a Soviet version that was VERY popular when she was a kid, but went bust in the 90's when Cola and Pepsi started flooding the market, and nobody has made it since, and apparently (well, was the case few years back) more Irn Bru was sold in Moscow than in the whole of Scotland.

Are you USA or canada? Im sure Canada was trying to ban it when i was just leaving Whistler.

In Whistler there was a wee candy store that sold it and proper uk cadburys and a supermarket that sometimes had it. Always had a wee stock for the hangovers.

Are you USA or canada? Im sure Canada was trying to ban it when i was just leaving Whistler.

In Whistler there was a wee candy store that sold it and proper uk cadburys and a supermarket that sometimes had it. Always had a wee stock for the hangovers.

I'm Chicago. Without sounding like one of these neddish Weegies that can't go abroad unless they get a lorne roll or a Daily Ranger, it is nice sometimes to have a little home comforts every now and again.

Yeah Canada. My cousin was going off her nut on fb when she found out about it.

Edited by dandydunn

I'm Chicago. Without sounding like one of these neddish Weegies that can't go abroad unless they get a lorne roll or a Daily Ranger, it is nice sometimes to have a little home comforts every now and again.

Haha yeah as I said I always had a fee stocked for hangovers when I was away. Also made some square sausage, was not bad.