Irn Bru Scotlands Other National Drink Signs A Sponsorship Deal With ....... - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irn Bru Scotlands Other National Drink Signs A Sponsorship Deal With .......

My Mrs was not impressed first time she tried it.... apparently there was a Soviet version that was VERY popular when she was a kid, but went bust in the 90's when Cola and Pepsi started flooding the market, and nobody has made it since, and apparently (well, was the case few years back) more Irn Bru was sold in Moscow than in the whole of Scotland.

More sold in Moscow than Scotland?

Got proof? I'd be amazed.

I never asked that.

Well go search yourself then, as I can not be bothered looking for a article from the mid 00's saying how big Irn Bru sales are in Russia (though what little I did find online shows it is a big business for AG Barr out there).

Sure the article I read was that year Coca Cola finally (yet briefly) over took Irn Bru as Scotlans best selling soft drink.

Edited by wanderer

Well go search yourself then, as I can not be bothered looking for a article from the mid 00's saying how big Irn Bru sales are in Russia (though what little I did find online shows it is a big business for AG Barr out there).

Sure the article I read was that year Coca Cola finally (yet briefly) over took Irn Bru as Scotlans best selling soft drink.

I know it's big business.

I've never seen anything saying it was bigger there than here.

Why not?

Population of Moscow - 11,503,501

Population of Scotland - 5,313,600

J

I remember reading a story about 30 years ago about Russian sailors swapping bottles of vodka for bottles of Irn Bru because at the time they couldn't get it at home and it sold for big money on the black market Whereas vodka was dirt cheap.