Jack Harper - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper

Mabozza Ritchie

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was far from Celtic's best player when they were up in Aberdeen for the Denis Law Tournament in the summer.

I didn't see any of those games but he's the player that everyone around the club is talking about. Regan Hendry is the other. He's also been stand out in the few games I've seen him.

Edited by PASTA Mick

Real Madrid rarely loan players out before they are 20-22. They tend to believe they'll do better in the B team (Castilla), which will hopefully be back in the segunda next season, they were recently relegated to the 3rd divison when Jese and Alvaro Morata stepped up to the main team.

Real believe their players will develop better playing for Castilla and training with world class coaches in world class facilities.

If he was at an English club I believe he would be better going out on loan at 19 but in Spain and playing for the B team I believe he's better staying with Real.

If Jack Harper can follow Jese or Alvaro Morata and not go out on loan then break into the team in his early 20s, then who knows what kinda heights he can hit.

##Morata just left Real to go to Juventus for 20 million euros

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

Real Madrid rarely loan players out before they are 20-22. They tend to believe they'll do better in the B team (Castilla), which will hopefully be back in the segunda next season, they were recently relegated to the 3rd divison when Jese and Alvaro Morata stepped up to the main team.

Real believe their players will develop better playing for Castilla and training with world class coaches in world class facilities.

If he was at an English club I believe he would be better going out on loan at 19 but in Spain and playing for the B team I believe he's better staying with Real.

If Jack Harper can follow Jese or Alvaro Morata and not go out on loan then break into the team in his early 20s, then who knows what kinda heights he can hit.

##Morata just left Real to go to Juventus for 20 million euros

I think you're right about him developing better with world class coaches in the Real Madrid set-up.

However, from a selfish point of view, it means we will have to wait quite a few years for him to get in the Scotland team. We can't really justify playing someone from Madrid's b team. (Same goes for Gauld)

But the long term benefits to Scotland should be worth the wait

There was a report in a football magazine few years back that Real Madrid were planning to stop their process of snapping up all the best players in the world and concentrate of developing their own players (like Barcelona did and got major benefits from).... sure that was one of the reasons that the president of the club resigned in 2009 because he said the club and its youth set up needed a total over haul.

Not sure about that. Is the Real Madrid B team a worse level than the SPL? I'd give him a shot in a friendly (not yet like but hopefully at some point)

This.

Working with the best day in day out can only benefit you.

He's doing well up to now and is highly rated by Real Madrid.

In U19 squad for next months qualifiers :ok:

Scotland Under-19 squad:

Goalkeepers
Ryan Fulton (Liverpool)
Liam Kelly (Rangers)

Defenders
Sam Dryden (Derby County)
Sam Lavelle (Blackburn Rovers)
Lewis Martin (Dunfermline Athletic)
Scott McKenna (Aberdeen)
Ryan Sinnamon (Rangers)
Calum Waters (Celtic)

Midfielders
Liam Henderson (Celtic)
James Jones (Crewe Alexander)
Connor McManus (Celtic)
Craig Storie (Aberdeen)
Tom Walsh (Rangers)

Forwards
Harry Cardwell (Reading)
Jack Harper (Real Madrid)
Paul McMullan (Celtic)
Robbie Muirhead (Kilmarnock)
Scott Wright (Aberdeen)

Blair Spittal, come on as sub for few DUFC games recently and scored one goal. Looks a player. Still only 18. Surely he should have a look in for this squad certainly before all those old firm players who are nowhere near their club's first team? Old firm bias once again

Blair Spittal, come on as sub for few DUFC games recently and scored one goal. Looks a player. Still only 18. Surely he should have a look in for this squad certainly before all those old firm players who are nowhere near their club's first team? Old firm bias once again

:ok:

Cracking wee player.

In fairness Tom Walsh is out on loan at Stenny, not the greatest team in the world but still first tea football. Walsh, after Telfer left is probably considered the most highly rated youngster at the club.

Sinnamon is also very highly rated and I am surprised they never loaned him out, when they loaned 5 players out at the end of transfer window

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised that he speaks with a Scottish accent actually. He shows plenty ambition anyway.

That threw me when I played the video, I suppose that is the way he would have learned to speak English when he was a boy if his parents are Scottish. My laddies childminder said to me the other day that my boy says some words with a scottish bur and he has lived in England all his life.

In U19 squad for next months qualifiers :ok:

Scotland Under-19 squad:

Goalkeepers

Ryan Fulton (Liverpool)

Liam Kelly (Rangers)

Defenders

Sam Dryden (Derby County)

Sam Lavelle (Blackburn Rovers)

Lewis Martin (Dunfermline Athletic)

Scott McKenna (Aberdeen)

Ryan Sinnamon (Rangers)

Calum Waters (Celtic)

Midfielders

Liam Henderson (Celtic)

James Jones (Crewe Alexander)

Connor McManus (Celtic)

Craig Storie (Aberdeen)

Tom Walsh (Rangers)

Forwards

Harry Cardwell (Reading)

Jack Harper (Real Madrid)

Paul McMullan (Celtic)

Robbie Muirhead (Kilmarnock)

Scott Wright (Aberdeen)

First game is today.

Just tried to find some information on the SFA website - what a disaster that is.

The UEFA site is quite good now though

http://www.uefa.com/under19/season=2015/matches/round=2000537/match=2013539/prematch/player-lists/index.html

Looks like McManus pulled out and was replaced by Angus Beith.

Don't understand why there are no Dundee United players in the squad.

By my reckoning 5 players would have been in with a shout, but Spittal's absence is genuinely surprising.

Edited by davew