Silent Protest At Georgia Match? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Silent Protest At Georgia Match?

dougiemacfarlanearran

Now I was as proud of my anthem as everyone else and think it had a huge effect on the players when played before the matches but after last nights shameful result personally I think the only thing positive that we can do when the anthem starts would be total silence bar the pipe band at the next home game v Georgia

Don't think it will take much organising as most won't sing anyway!!

Thoughts ( and please don't shoot me down in flames it's just a thought! )

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though we wer aw gonna stand by which ever democratic decision was made and move as one nation.

Any wi nae room fur politics or religion in fitba, there's enough fitba related stuff tae argue about never politics.

I'll follow scotland anywhere I don't need anybody's approval tae tell me am Scottish and proud.

Mon the Alba

I though we wer aw gonna stand by which ever democratic decision was made and move as one nation.

Any wi nae room fur politics or religion in fitba, there's enough fitba related stuff tae argue about never politics.

I'll follow scotland anywhere I don't need anybody's approval tae tell me am Scottish and proud.

Mon the Alba

up

Edited by France here we come

Here for the party TA

This.

See you guys for a beer :beer2:

Mon the Alba

I'm still Scottish and proud, and I'll follow the team around the world. But I just can't bring myself to sing about rising to 'become a nation again', when it turns out we actually can't.

Agree with the sentiment but no matter how painfull I will sing FOS, in the hope that we can one day rise to be a nation again.

I am only 40 and hope to see independance in my lifetime.

Alba Gu Brath ( Scotland Forever)

PS We must now focus on qualification for France 2016, that is now our aim.

A knee jerk reaction but one that I understand.

I was thinking the same earlier but why should we let the unionists ruin our support for our NATIONAL team just because they only see us as a region?

Not at all bud

I made this vow over a year ago and have gave it endless thought from then till now

I have now joined the majority of self loathing Scots but for different reasons

I won't sing FoS again. Not because I want to take part in some protest, but because the Scottish people last night removed our right to the sentiment the song espouses.

I've got a hand-written copy of FoS framed on my wall, signed by Ronnie Brown. Right next to it is a big print of the Declaration of Arbroath. How the fukk am I supposed to look at them with any pride now?

I won't sing FoS again. Not because I want to take part in some protest, but because the Scottish people last night removed our right to the sentiment the song espouses.

I've got a hand-written copy of FoS framed on my wall, signed by Ronnie Brown. Right next to it is a big print of the Declaration of Arbroath. How the fukk am I supposed to look at them with any pride now?

That is really sad.What have we done?

Agree with the sentiment but no matter how painfull I will sing FOS, in the hope that we can one day rise to be a nation again.

I am only 40 and hope to see independence in my lifetime.

Alba Gu Brath ( Scotland Forever)

PS We must now focus on qualification for France 2016, that is now our aim.

Defo.

A knee jerk reaction but one that I understand.

I was thinking the same earlier but why should we let the unionists ruin our support for our NATIONAL team just because they only see us as a region?

The thing is, the Unionists don't see Scotland as a region. They see it as a country.

Just not as a sovereign state of the UN - as Richard from Pointless would say.