Euro 2020 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020

Lion Rampant

To get back on topic 2 group games for us at home would be fantastic hopefully between now and the qualifiers we will have moved up a pot as well.

we got the same package as ye - irish news confirmed last nite , if ireland qualify then we get to play 2 grp games in dublin.........so naturally the same applies to ye

an extra massive incentive for both our nations to qualify

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

we got the same package as ye - irish news confirmed last nite , if ireland qualify then we get to play 2 grp games in dublin.........so naturally the same applies to ye

an extra massive incentive for both our nations to qualify

If imagine that Glasgow and Dublin would be a cluster and that we'd have 2 groups between us. If we both qualify it could see us play 2 games at Hampden and one in Dublin and vice versa

If imagine that Glasgow and Dublin would be a cluster and that we'd have 2 groups between us. If we both qualify it could see us play 2 games at Hampden and one in Dublin and vice versa

Cluster f*ck for sure but imagine the craic we wud have :-)):-)):-))

There is no airport of any size and not enough hotel rooms and it's wales there's three

Im sure i flew from Cardiff airport mate - flew from it when i was over few years back for an ireland wales qual game back in 07

Cluster f*ck for sure but imagine the craic we wud have :-)):-)):-))

Im sure i flew from Cardiff airport mate - flew from it when i was over few years back for an ireland wales qual game back in 07

There needs to be a certain amount of international flights in and out of the airport, and very little use Cardiff as Bristol has the foot hold in that area.

Also hotels will be bad.... For the 3 Wales v Scotland matches I have attended in Cardiff, if you are not fast, you are either paying over the odd's or out in the scrubs

Here is the link to the UEFA evaluation report for cities that submitted bids to host euro 2020 games - so you can see for yereselves the pros and cons at the ireland , scotland and wales bids

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/02/14/49/29/2144929_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Looks to me from reading it that the major factors that went against wales getting it was airport situation and lack of accomodation in cardiff

all of the visitors to Hampden can come and laugh at us in person.

Really could not give a flying badger about this right now. I have decision to make on whether I can go and watch a region of britain play football[/quote

Get a grip...u don't derserve national team to watch.

Really could not give a flying badger about this right now. I have decision to make on whether I can go and watch a region of britain play football[/quote

Get a grip...u don't derserve national team to watch.

I agree! Getting fed up with all this nonsense! I am as disappointed with the referendum result....but we can, and I believe will gain independence at some stage!

No one is laughing at us, it was a great debate (over the piece), and I feel that regardless of the result it has firmly put Scotland on the map!

No one is laughing at us, it was a great debate (over the piece), and I feel that regardless of the result it has firmly put Scotland on the map!

Your right

Ill be over in Glasgow supporting my lads in November and I most certainly dont have any intention of rubbing the NO vote in yere faces and Im pretty sure the majority of Irish fans will feel the same as me.

There mite be a bit of harmless banter about it btwn both sets of supporters in the pubs before and after but I most certainly dont think they will be anything malicious. Just both sets of fans having the craic with each other.

If honest , ive been speaking to a fair few Ireland fans about travel arrangements to Scotland in november for the game and the NO vote has only been mentioned in the context of it been global news....nothing more.

England fans on the other hand will obviously be more vocal towards ye over the vote .....but FFS ye lads just stand tall and proud and ram their nonsense back down their throats by supporting yere country onto victory against them.

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Really could not give a flying badger about this right now. I have decision to make on whether I can go and watch a region of britain play football

I was Scottish when I watched us play Germany, I'm Scottish today, I'll be Scottish when they put my body into the ground.

Never let a political vote change what you feel about Scotland, Scotland is more important than that.