Week Today - Scotland V Japan - Who's Going? - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Week Today - Scotland V Japan - Who's Going?

Bristolhibby

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ was that unexpected, I thought they should have went for 3 points to get a draw, what a show of team spirit and massive bloody balls to do what they did. Amazing.

Exactly what I was thinking. Cheered when they scored though as you could see what it meant to the players.

Don't follow rugby at all, but that was bloody brilliant and miles better than anything we've been served up by the Scottish team in recent years.

Wouldn't mind if they beat us again on Wednesday.

Fantastic and seeing those stewardsin the stadium going wild as well was fantatic.

The fans living the dream too.

South Africa-42 was 10/11 odds pre kick-off. A mental result, but credit to them going for it when they could've settled for the draw.

What a game - but that was mostly to do with south Africa being garbage. Japan did nothing exceptional for the most part. They defended superbly to be fair, but south Africa were absolutely dreadful. We can beat both those teams on the evidence of today.

Im in no way a rugby efficianado however -

Do our group winners not go into the half of the draw that contains New Zealand ?

Does this maybe partly explain South Africa losing ? (not to mention i heard they made wholesale changes in the 2nd half ?)

Do our group winners not go into the half of the draw that contains New Zealand ?

Does this maybe partly explain South Africa losing ? (not to mention i heard they made wholesale changes in the 2nd half ?)

NZ are in a different draw and the runners up of that other group would play NZ (assuming NZ top their group).

No. Our group winner plays the runner up from NZ's group so avoids them until the final.

NZ are in a different draw and the runners up of that other group would play NZ (assuming NZ top their group).

No. Our group winner plays the runner up from NZ's group so avoids them until the final.

Tony Calvin would seem to disagree and as a professional punter i doubt he is wrong

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-union/news/article/2/9992076/rugby-world-cup-2015-betting-preview-tips

If Scotland do win all their games, including against South Africa in Newcastle on October 3, then that pitches them against the runner-ups from Pool A (probably either England or Australia, now that Wales have lost their points machine in Leigh Halfpenny) in the quarters before New Zealand lurk in the semis.

Not great.

But, clearly, Scotland are the likeliest runner-ups in Pool B - South Africa are as short as 1/16 to win it, even if they would probably rather not, given the draw, and that is something you have to bear in mind as the pool plays out - and that would enable them to play England or Australia in the quarters at Twickenham, and Ireland or France/Argentina in the semis.

Tony Calvin would seem to disagree and as a professional punter i doubt he is wrong

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-union/news/article/2/9992076/rugby-world-cup-2015-betting-preview-tips

If Scotland do win all their games, including against South Africa in Newcastle on October 3, then that pitches them against the runner-ups from Pool A (probably either England or Australia, now that Wales have lost their points machine in Leigh Halfpenny) in the quarters before New Zealand lurk in the semis.

Not great.

But, clearly, Scotland are the likeliest runner-ups in Pool B - South Africa are as short as 1/16 to win it, even if they would probably rather not, given the draw, and that is something you have to bear in mind as the pool plays out - and that would enable them to play England or Australia in the quarters at Twickenham, and Ireland or France/Argentina in the semis.

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. I thought you meant in the next round after the initial group stages.

Hadn't given it much thought beyond getting out of the group.

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. I thought you meant in the next round after the initial group stages.

Hadn't given it much thought beyond getting out of the group.

:-)) Dont worry - me neither. Quarters and Semis are alien to us

However Tony has actually tipped us as worth a bet to win it - and he is not a mug punter by any means

The only team with all its players being born in the country they are playing for is Argentina.

Bloody hell. Didn't realise it was that bad.

Rugby led the way in stretching/bending the eligibility rules to ridiculous extremes and Japan seems to have been one of the biggest exponents of this as far as I know.

Was at the Japan game yesterday...

Absolutely incredible day, great stadium, great atmosphere and a monumental result

Unbelievably heart fae the Japanese

Sets up the group now, huge opportunity tae take control early...will nae be easy mind

Bring on Wednesday