"let's Hope Australia Go Out........? - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"let's Hope Australia Go Out........?

killiefaetheferry

Wilkinson - "I didn't hate that decision". Aka WTF was he doing kicking for touch?

J

Have to say I admire them for taking the positive decision and going for the win. In the days of negativity of "Jonny" and Rob Andrew they would have kicked that penalty and hoped for a chance of a drop goal after it - Boring England. Good to see them being a bit more positive. Wales will probably lose to Fiji now and llet England back in. Broon envelopes may change hands. :lol:

Have to say I admire them for taking the positive decision and going for the win. In the days of negativity of "Jonny" and Rob Andrew they would have kicked that penalty and hoped for a chance of a drop goal after it - Boring England. Good to see them being a bit more positive. Wales will probably lose to Fiji now and llet England back in. Broon envelopes may change hands. :lol:

If that had been Scotland not taking that kick I'd have been annoyed . They were a bit too cocky.

:-)) Excellent! The English media keep giving us the same old patronising pish "Oh, but we would be supporting you", and thereby expecting us all to support them on to world cup glory.

The thing is, the English I think tend to see Australia as their bigger rivals than Wales, so would rather see Wales go through if only to relish Australia being turfed out. So it's easy for them to be supportive of Wales.

For Wales it's the other way round, so would rather relish their larger neighbour being turfed out out at the expense of Australia.

But the media don't ever seem to get that natural asymmetry.

It's not so much that we should like England more, but rather England should like us less, but see themselves having bigger fish to fry.