Scotland V Saffas - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Saffas

biffer

Unexpected team selection....

Reid, Brown, Nel, Gray, Gray, Cowan, Strauss, Denton, Laidlaw, Weir, Visser, Scott, Vernon, Seymour, Hogg

Subs Ford, Dickinson, Welsh, Swinson, Wilson, SHC, Horne, Lamont

Presumably Russell, Bennett and Hardie are injured? Reid and Vernon starting. The South Africans will be pleased.

Russell and Hardie injured, not sure about Bennett? He got a bang in the face v USA, but hadn't heard of any problems.

If RSA have an off day (again) and we can keep it tight and kick a shit load of penalties we might just sneak a win in this game. But the big one is next week against Samoa. I just hope we get through injury free.

I'm not sure if the result of Samoa v Japan makes much difference to us either way? We are going to need to beat Samoa in the last game, I think.

Gutted I'm missing this one...atmosphere could be amazing

Be great tae get a result against them but feel they have probably their strongest team named (loads a their supporters really happy wae the selection )

Samoa is oor crunch game but anything fae Saturdays game is a bonus and that is nae being doon beat awready

Ingerlundshire lad a work with has given us a 13 point start in oor bet.....

Cheers

If RSA have an off day (again) and we can keep it tight and kick a shit load of penalties we might just sneak a win in this game. But the big one is next week against Samoa. I just hope we get through injury free.

I'm not sure if the result of Samoa v Japan makes much difference to us either way? We are going to need to beat Samoa in the last game, I think.

I think you're right, unless it's a draw. Then we'd only need to get a losing bonus point (as long as Samoa didn't get a winning one, in which case they'd beat us on the head to head.

Or unless we win tomorrow of course.

Bonus points and other results are irrelevant. If we win one of our two remaining games, we're through. If we lose them both we're out.

This, and there's no point worrying about who we get. Hopefully it's either Australia or Wales.

J

Had a wee look round the fan zone. awful stay clear and enjoy the pubs near the ground.

Went to the fanzone in Leeds, agreed, not much happening. Could get a pint no problem, but mainly for fans who don't have tickets. Plenty of quality boozers oop the toon.

J

Aye what was the deal with that decision, I'm not too up with the rules but what is the law regarding grounding the ball but not at the first attempt?

24% possession FFS, let's hope for another big 2nd half turnaround...

Edited by Toepoke