New Zealand V Georgia - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Zealand V Georgia

northernscum

I think they are treating it as a training game and trying moves but making lots of mistakes.

They've still managed to score 4 tries though.

Aye, but if they don't shake themselves up a bit they will come a cropper when they meet a decent team. (like Scotland!) ;)

My Georgia +64 points handicap at Evens is looking good so far...

I've already cashed in.

I think NZ will have had the HT shake up from the coach (which northernscum alluded to) and the smaller teams also tend to leak a lorry load in the last 20 mins

It would have to be the biggest capitulation ever for you to lose out now!

It was one of those 'looks too good to be true' type bets, which I normally still get wrong! Georgia are one of the better 2nd tier teams and don't tend to get completely humped so nice to see my instincts be correct for a change. :)

Think there should exist some form of play off between the 6 nations wooden spooners and the likes of Georgia.

Prefer a second tier, '6 nations shield' with limited possibility of promotion i.e. some hefty safeguards built in, the kind that stopped East Stirlingshire getting booted out of the Scottish league a while back. Inevitably Scotland would end up getting relegated otherwise.

Prefer a second tier, '6 nations shield' with limited possibility of promotion i.e. some hefty safeguards built in, the kind that stopped East Stirlingshire getting booted out of the Scottish league a while back. Inevitably Scotland would end up getting relegated otherwise.

Maybe a home and away play-off? Not like the "big" team would ever have to spend another year in the lower league that way...

I think the narrowness of the defeats for the '2nd tier teams' will put pressure on the 6N committee to open up to the likes of Georgia and perhaps even USA/Canada. I definitely think some form of two-tiered structure with promotion and relegation would be healthy for the overall progress of the sport. The likes of Japan seem rather isolated too.

I think the narrowness of the defeats for the '2nd tier teams' will put pressure on the 6N committee to open up to the likes of Georgia and perhaps even USA/Canada. I definitely think some form of two-tiered structure with promotion and relegation would be healthy for the overall progress of the sport. The likes of Japan seem rather isolated too.

Super Rugby next year has a team based in Japan - good move, I think.