European Rugby 2014/15 - Page 2 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Rugby 2014/15

Duncan Blackheart

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough for Glasgow today with so many injuries. Down in bath for the weekend - Andy nichol sat behind me on the plane.

I can recommend Lambrettas for a pre match pint.

My Brother used to work there. Might try and pop in myself if I can hussle the lad through rugby training and onto the train in time.

That said, the in ground drinking and pre match entertainment is pretty good these days. There is also some Burns night / Scottish themed entertainment.

http://m.bathrugby.com/news/club-news/at-the-rec-this-weekend-glasgow/

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Gutted for Glasgow too. Not sure if the ref contributed to the final Bath penalty though. Gives us a bit of optimism as a nation going into the 6 nations and world cup. The confidence in both the Glasgow and Edinburgh players will have been bolstered by their respective European campaigns

:ok:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fair enough. Would be class to do it through the league.

Yeah. Need 6th to do it automatically, 7th gets us into a playoff for the last available spot. Currently Connacht in 6th on 44 points, Scarlets 7th on 44, Edinburgh 8th on 43.

3 games left

Connacht have Glasgow at home, Zebre away, Ospreys at home

Scarlets have Dragons at away, Cardiff at home, Treviso away

Edinburgh have Zebre at home, Dragons away, Leinster at home

Scarlets have the easiest run in, particularly as I'd be prepared to bet that Cardiff and the Dragons will roll over for them. But Edinburgh can win all three of those games, and Edinburgh hold the advantage in terms of tiebreakers against the Scarlets (number of matches won is the first tiebreaker).

Yeah. Need 6th to do it automatically, 7th gets us into a playoff for the last available spot. Currently Connacht in 6th on 44 points, Scarlets 7th on 44, Edinburgh 8th on 43.

3 games left

Connacht have Glasgow at home, Zebre away, Ospreys at home

Scarlets have Dragons at away, Cardiff at home, Treviso away

Edinburgh have Zebre at home, Dragons away, Leinster at home

Scarlets have the easiest run in, particularly as I'd be prepared to bet that Cardiff and the Dragons will roll over for them. But Edinburgh can win all three of those games, and Edinburgh hold the advantage in terms of tiebreakers against the Scarlets (number of matches won is the first tiebreaker).

Did not know that re: the tiebreaker. Who is the play off with? 8th, or an opponent from England?

Seem to remember Edinburgh losing to Treviso or someone earlier in the year. Hope that doesn't come back to bite them - there have been some brilliant efforts earlier this year at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Anyway, they appear in better shape now - a European campaign may loosen the purse strings. That Fijian from waratahs being one. He is massive.

Did not know that re: the tiebreaker. Who is the play off with? 8th, or an opponent from England?

Seem to remember Edinburgh losing to Treviso or someone earlier in the year. Hope that doesn't come back to bite them - there have been some brilliant efforts earlier this year at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Anyway, they appear in better shape now - a European campaign may loosen the purse strings. That Fijian from waratahs being one. He is massive.

The playoff is vs the seventh place team in England, and the winner of that plays seventh place in France.

There are a number of results that grate. Losing at home to Connacht, drawing at home with Scarlets, losing away to Zebre. But it's in our hands, so here's hoping. The big Fijian isn't confirmed yet, so I'm not sure if he'll be here or not. He looks pretty dangerous though!

Unlucky Edinburgh. Kept in it and fought back in the second half. Some great handling in the last 10 minutes but sadly not enough.

Looking for Bath to duff up Gloucester on the final game of the season at the Rec to secure 2nd.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby