Tripsta - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tripsta

DoonTheSlope

Only word of warning about these sites is they have a habit of being to good to be true.......... usually they advertise the cheap seats and then go to the airline to buy them once somebody has got them.

Either airline will say yes they will sell at that price, or will say no and they come back to you offering you your money back.

If you do not hear anything after 3/4 days then it usually means everything is ok.

I used a similar website that I had never heard of for getting a hotel room in Warsaw for the friendly last year..... booking.com and the likes were coming up £100+ for a standard room only per night for the hotel I had a eye on, but Tripadvsior brought up this site at £55 a executive room with breakfast included per night.... had to pay up front though.

After booking I looked around for reviews of this site and my heart sank........... everywhere I looked REALLY bad reviews...... emailed fired off to the hotel though who confirmed my booking was ok :ok:

Edited by wanderer

You'll be fine mate, skyscanner vet all of the 3rd parties they use. Only thing I'd watch out for is extra fees for baggage limits

What about the buying direct from Skyscanner options? Sometimes the prices they offer you directly look far to good to be true (one think one site being £10-20 cheaper than another "trusted" one..... but they some times come up £60-100 cheaper)

What about the buying direct from Skyscanner options? Sometimes the prices they offer you directly look far to good to be true (one think one site being £10-20 cheaper than another "trusted" one..... but they some times come up £60-100 cheaper)

A guy I work with had an issue with this where he chose the cheaper price, vs. the skyscanner "official" price. Turned out that the company charged extra for baggage - so in the end it worked out around the same as the official price.

Always try to avoid 3rd party sites myself, but I'm sure Tripsta will be ok for Slope

A guy I work with had an issue with this where he chose the cheaper price, vs. the skyscanner "official" price. Turned out that the company charged extra for baggage - so in the end it worked out around the same as the official price.

Always try to avoid 3rd party sites myself, but I'm sure Tripsta will be ok for Slope

Cheers. I always go for who is cheaper between the airline, Opodo or Expedia, as always been wary about these other firms offering deals (I know when Opodo offer Jet2, Ryanair, Easyjet flights they do not include baggage and will email you a couple of days later saying you have to buy these direct from the airline)

Edited by wanderer

I'm not really fussed if it's too much dearer, I just want to have booked an actual seat on all my flights, my biggest fear is walking up to scan my mobile pass thing to find out I've been sold a dud lol

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Ive used Tripsta before a few times through Skyscanner. They are genuine but if your catching connecting flights make sure youve enough time to make them. They booked me from Bangkok through to Aberdeen via Paris but even on time there wasnt enough time to make the connection as I found out on arrival in Charles De Gaulle. Keep a close eye on that before booking.

Ive used Tripsta before a few times through Skyscanner. They are genuine but if your catching connecting flights make sure youve enough time to make them. They booked me from Bangkok through to Aberdeen via Paris but even on time there wasnt enough time to make the connection as I found out on arrival in Charles De Gaulle. Keep a close eye on that before booking.

How long was your connection??