Budet Air Via Sky Scanner - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Budet Air Via Sky Scanner

dundeelad88

Skyscanner is fine.

Remember that the prices shown may not include baggage charges, etc. KLM charge for hold baggage on European flights for instance.

I see Wizzair even charge for cabin luggage depending on size.

Budgetair will be a agent and not offering the add on's.

You get some scare stories when looking on line for reviews of folk saying they contacted them a couple of days later that they could not get the seats at that price, so will offer you a new price or a refund.

Poland last year Skyscanner for a direct return to Krakow was giving me a number of prices, and the two cheapest were firms I never heard of, but Opodo was coming out £4 more, so went with that.

Did not really take the fine print in and 1 hour later I got a email from them saying I needed to log on to Easyjet for adding a case on to my booking, then couple of days later a email from Ryanair asking if I was wanting to add a case for my return journey.

Booking flights through skyscanner and books via budgetair.

The flights are basically half the price than on klm site..

Anyone used before and is it ok?

I use Skyscanner all the time, and not noticed them before (budgetair ) - seeing same £30 cheaper than KLM

I was thinking they might not offer the same rebooking flexiility and that was where they made their money - was thinking to call KLM and get price cos prefer to book direct ( Cape Town - Aberdeen so the £30 not so important )

I would be wary of Opodo is you need to cancel for any reason

Booked 2 no tickets Dublin to Stockholm for the match, processing was taking for ever so didn't think it went through so went direct to SAS website and booked the same flights

Opened up my emails next day to see a confirmation form opodo

Phoned them up and explained the situation, they basically told me £120 refund on £700 tickets , fuming, luckily SAS have a 24hr cooling period and I was able to cancel their tickets at no cost

Err I am not saying it isn't legit, I am saying if you had to cancel for whatever reason you will get stung and it may be benefical to go direct with the airlines

yeah totaly agree i wouldnt be needing to cancel the flight just making sure its legit.

a friend that has booked via them has logged into klm and his flight booking is on there site so all should be good.

Err I am not saying it isn't legit, I am saying if you had to cancel for whatever reason you will get stung and it may be benefical to go direct with the airlines

Not really.

It's the same non-refundable ticket no matter who you buy it from.

Not really.

It's the same non-refundable ticket no matter who you buy it from.

ish

Likes of Budget Air will take an Admin Fee for change/cancellation on top of the airline penalty - susprisingly even the cheap cheap KLM flights only seem to have a small Euro 100 penalty now

How does this work?

I have an "alert" set up with Skyscanner and an email popped into my inbox this morning with a message saying that the best (lowest) price for the flight journey I'm looking at is £211. Yet, when I click on the link and it takes me to the Skyscanner site, the lowest price option listed is £256.

:blink:

@deccie

No its not I was able to cancel the direct SAS ticket within 24hrs at no cost

If I cancelled the SAS ticket via Opodo I was only getting £120 back outa £700

SAS were most helpful, confirmed there were 2 no Newryreps and 2 No mrs newryrep booked and all before I cancelled

Opodo were a shower of XXXX and all I was getting was essentially 'computer says only £120'

I'm really struggling to see what Opodo did wrong here.

You bought a non-refundable ticket from them, then asked for a refund.

If anything, you should be avoided when booking travel rather than Opodo.

can we keep this on topic to budget air/skyscanner....

looking on klm with the booking code given from budget air that should mean everything is good to go?

I just booked my flight direct with KLM, cheaper than Budger Air - Managed to get Cape Town to Aberdeen for £608 return so not bad

Some of these agencies have an "upsell" i think where they charge high change fee's - i bought the cheapest cheapest ticket with KLM and can still cancel and get refund with only 200 Euro penalty, or change ticket for 100 Euro (+ any change in ticket price ) t

Sorry - forgot to mention

KLM operates a reverse psychology to Air France, depending on their load

AFR prices tickets low, and increases prices as departure date comes closure ie having apex tickets early doors

KLM prices tickets high, and potentially decreases prices as the departure date comes closure depending on the load factor

KLM rep was telling me this while back, when i was speaking about my personnel flights - comes visits our offices, because we used to spend around $3M a year on flights round our area

I've noticed as well , that rechecking the flight prices the night before my flight, and I can get a flight price, pretty similar to what i paid 2 weeks before (personnel flights )

Above maybe explains why KLM were pricing high - i kind of seen this same thing with my flights as well through skyscanner but hung back a few days

Edited by euan2020

Sorry - forgot to mention

KLM operates a reverse psychology to Air France, depending on their load

AFR prices tickets low, and increases prices as departure date comes closure ie having apex tickets early doors

KLM prices tickets high, and potentially decreases prices as the departure date comes closure depending on the load factor

KLM rep was telling me this while back, when i was speaking about my personnel flights - comes visits our offices, because we used to spend around $3M a year on flights round our area

I've noticed as well , that rechecking the flight prices the night before my flight, and I can get a flight price, pretty similar to what i paid 2 weeks before (personnel flights )

Above maybe explains why KLM were pricing high - i kind of seen this same thing with my flights as well through skyscanner but hung back a few days

They're both the same company now, aren't they?