Cape Town - Page 2 - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cape Town

Maq

Got 6 tickets booked for Robben Island the morn at 8am! New Years Day ffs!

Only thing is I'm hiking Table Morning at that time so I'll miss it :-(

If my hike is cancelled for any reason I'll go with the family to Robben Island :-)

Got 6 tickets booked for Robben Island the morn at 8am! New Years Day ffs!

Only thing is I'm hiking Table Morning at that time so I'll miss it :-(

If my hike is cancelled for any reason I'll go with the family to Robben Island :-)

cancellations or they just had tickets available ? Hiking is a fecker especially in the heat (will take you 2 hours from bottom of gorge or 2.5 hours from the cable car - and this is just 1 way )- if you are wearing your kilt, better make use of vasesline or will chafff your inner thighs to feck

Be aware its not a walk - the stone steps are very high height and its steep, so you kill your knees/calfs on the way down - wont come down at speed

Well I was in the queue at Robben Island ticket office before 8am and after about 25 mind they announced loads of cancellations for the first tour tomorrow so I got lucky there.

As for the hike I'm meeting my guide at 7:45am at the lower cable car station. I already have a one-way ticket down after meeting the family at the top. Hiking the India Venster route which apparently is the steepest :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

apart from folk boaking

both times i been on the boats there was folk chundering as i was eating my sandwiches

Funnily enough I didn't feel sick at all (that time) however a few years ago while swimming with whale sharks off Mexico I was throwing up everywhere. Fine as soon as the boat was moving but after being anchored for a while it kicked in big time ?

I am going back in February - can't wait!

Staying near Stellenbosch and have booked this -

http://capecanopytour.co.za

Also getting the premiere classe train back to Joburg when done.

I go to Rsa once a year for work and always stay in Paarl at a place called the Pontac Manor a good old fashioned south african hotel with a cattle baron steakhouse next door.