Premier League Darts - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premier League Darts

Ictdave

Off work next week and noticed the darts is in Glasgow on Thursday. Does anyone have any spare tickets or know of anyone selling 2 tickets. Any help much appreciated. Cheers

The only help I could offer would be not to go. I love the darts but the Premier League in Glasgow (and in general) is an abomination of a night. Do yourself a favour and either find a boozer that will be showing it or get a couple of beers in and your mates round and watch it at home.

If you feel you really need to sample the atmosphere just stand across the road from a Dixon's that has it on and get a jakie on the other side of the road to sing obnoxious songs at you for 3 hours.

The only help I could offer would be not to go. I love the darts but the Premier League in Glasgow (and in general) is an abomination of a night. Do yourself a favour and either find a boozer that will be showing it or get a couple of beers in and your mates round and watch it at home.

If you feel you really need to sample the atmosphere just stand across the road from a Dixon's that has it on and get a jakie on the other side of the road to sing obnoxious songs at you for 3 hours.

This x 100.

I've been offered countless tickets for aberdeen,even a free one,but I can't trust myself not to smash someone that doesn't have a clue about darts,isn't watching it and just there to sing and get steaming.

It's not enjoyable anymore,stay in and watch it. Much better and you see it all. :ok:

It was far better last year in the Hydro than it has been in previous years at the SECC.- it seemed far less "neddy".

I'm going again on Thursday, hopefully it's a decent night again this year.

This x 100.

I've been offered countless tickets for aberdeen,even a free one,but I can't trust myself not to smash someone that doesn't have a clue about darts,isn't watching it and just there to sing and get steaming.

It's not enjoyable anymore,stay in and watch it. Much better and you see it all. :ok:

Same. I was there the night Lewis got soaked with beer and was getting pelted with coins.

I've never enjoyed it for the same reason as you but that one in particular was just ridiculous. Absolute carnage all night, drink getting thrown about, fuds singing fitba songs at each other complete with all the add ons, and then posturing about squaring up to each other, English lads in the crowd getting utter dogs abuse, battling out at the bar areas. Every two minutes some ned was being huckled by bouncers.

That was my 3rd time. Never again.

If I was ever going to go it would probably be the lakeside. Not the same standard but 90% of the crowd At least know what's happening on stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Having been to the secc a few times atmosphere was just not nice decided to try Dublin this year and it was a hundred times better aye people were drunk but no signs of any trouble

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just brilliant for Anderson. Chizzy blew it but Anderson upped his game in the final.

2x PL champ plus players and World champ. A World Cup win in June would be brilliant.

He's also the current Players Champion as well. His bottle was questionable a couple of years ago but you certainly can't say that now.

To save starting a new topic i have hijacked this one, the Dubai classic darts on at moment Gary Anderson just won his 1/4 final against James Wade. when asked what it's like to be the world champion he replied " Its better being Scottish " :ok:

• 3 weeks later...

Not PL darts related, but Wolfie to play in the Grand Slam of Darts for the first time.

Assume an expensive divorce is something to do with it, but will be interesting to see how it goes.

He won't get the best of order & he'll get a lot of stick! Hope he does well though - met him down at Lakeside a few years ago & he was a gent.

Not PL darts related, but Wolfie to play in the Grand Slam of Darts for the first time.

Assume an expensive divorce is something to do with it, but will be interesting to see how it goes.

He won't get the best of order & he'll get a lot of stick! Hope he does well though - met him down at Lakeside a few years ago & he was a gent.

Absolute knob of a man.

I thought he was a bit pompous tbh. Harmless enough mind u but i do hope he does ok. The BDO lads get slaughtered for not being at the same level which I personally think is a wee bit unfair.

I think the TV factor is huge now. Away from the stage the BDO lads are throwing ridiculous averages. Playing on TV once a year seems to get inside a few of their heads and they just don't play the way they can. Gary Anderson was one of the worst for it actually when he was BDO number 1. The pdc lads seem to relish the big stage now though, probably because they are so used to it. How the feck they can throw to that standard with that mayhem going on behind them really is beyond me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Wright is just brilliant .!!

You would think after being World Champion Anderson's bottle would be stronger

Still the same