Davis Cup Quarter Final - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davis Cup Quarter Final

Geeman

Anyone looking to buy Davis Cup tickets for the tie against France in July and received they're code?

Or better yet, bought tickets for the previous tie or a tennis club member and not using their code sent to them in the newsletter.

Tennis isn't everyone's cup of tea and he Union Flag fest will be almost too much to handle but my boy Andy is there and can't miss another chance to see him.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone looking to buy Davis Cup tickets for the tie against France in July and received they're code?

Or better yet, bought tickets for the previous tie or a tennis club member and not using their code sent to them in the newsletter.

Tennis isn't everyone's cup of tea and he Union Flag fest will be almost too much to handle but my boy Andy is there and can't miss another chance to see him.

It was funny watching all the union jack bedecked clowns wandering around Parkhead at nine o'clock on a Friday night after the last one. Some of the cops had a confused.look on their faces, not really knowing how to deal with it.

There were significant amount of Elmer phuds with union flags doted about the arena but also fair amount of saltires. Especially when Andy was playing.

Any way..... point was want tickets to the next round just to noise up all the poshos down in London and fly my saltire high and proud to support Andy, and need tickets asap

There were significant amount of Elmer phuds with union flags doted about the arena but also fair amount of saltires. Especially when Andy was playing.

Any way..... point was want tickets to the next round just to noise up all the poshos down in London and fly my saltire high and proud to support Andy, and need tickets asap

Why do you think anyone in London would give a shite about that? It seems even the tennis isn't free of petty, political, point scoring pish these days. Just go out and enjoy yer day ffs :)

Anyway I'll also be trying for tickets. Last one looked a cracking atmosphere. Place was bouncing. Andy is in the form of his life as well.

Why do you think anyone in London would give a shite about that? It seems even the tennis isn't free of petty, political, point scoring pish these days. Just go out and enjoy yer day ffs :)

Anyway I'll also be trying for tickets. Last one looked a cracking atmosphere. Place was bouncing. Andy is in the form of his life as well.

No you're right good Sir, they won't care. But if I dance about with my flag I might get on the tele

The atmosphere was amazing at glasgow and I think will be not nearly as good in Queens club. Less seats, open air court and less passionate crowd will see to that.

No you're right good Sir, they won't care. But if I dance about with my flag I might get on the tele

The atmosphere was amazing at glasgow and I think will be not nearly as good in Queens club. Less seats, open air court and less passionate crowd will see to that.

Haha fair one m8.

Agree with you there btw. I really thought they would play it in Glasgow again after the success of the last one

Aye, I noticed that. A hell of a lot of folk standing with arms folded in silence when gstq was played.

• 1 month later...

Who would be second singles player in a Scottish team? Jamie Murray? Colin Fleming? There was a Baker a few years ago but don`t know if he`s still playing,

The Murrays and Fleming are certainly our top 3 players.

There's also Jonny O'Mara, Vicent Gillespie and Ewan Moore in the UK top 50 (no, never heard of them either)

https://www.lta.org.uk/competitions/player-ratings-rankings/rankings/

Hearing Andy, Jamie then Leon Smith being interviewed in front of all the screaming fans down in London was pretty bizarre!...

We'll never see the likes of Murray again.Simply brilliant.He's a reason to support Hibs.

Never know. If it can happen once it can happen again - the Murray's between them are providing a proper coaching set up for youngsters rather than the useless money pit the LTA provides with its wads of cash.