Nfl 15/16 - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nfl 15/16

Bristolhibby

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the Raiders on my coupon, so I'd imagine that the JETS will be fine...

Not so sure

Nick Mangold is out

Wesley Johnson, a second-year pro who has never played in an NFL game, will start as Centre

Sigh

On a side note it will be interesting to see if your old favourite Stevan Ridley has still got it

Edited by Ally Bongo

Failing an unlikely comeback, Atlanta have tanked the coupon already.

On a side note it will be interesting to see if your old favourite Stevan Ridley has still got it

Seems like Vereen is doing a decent job at the Giants, so every chance Ridley could suceed at the JETS, if he can limit his propensity for fumbling.

Failing an unlikely comeback, Atlanta have tanked the coupon already.

Jinxy

Mine too

The way they have played would give folk ideas that they are in league with the bookies ...

Down and back tomorrow liking these afternoon kick offs

Well hopefully everyone made it back through the fog tonight. Missed the first quarter cos we couldnt land at City, flight back cancelled, Easyjet flight I bought to replace it cancelled, managed to get a Ryanair from Stansted in the end with my last few pennies.

Think I'll get the sleeper back next time....

So 2 (at least) at Wembley and 1 at Twickers, and maybe one in Mexico City. Maybe they couldn't get the date they wanted for a 3rd Wembley game.

Twickenham seems like a strange choice although with Rugby WC its been in the shop window big style.

Edited by hoodster

So 2 (at least) at Wembley and 1 at Twickers, and maybe one in Mexico City. Maybe they couldn't get the date they wanted for a 3rd Wembley game.

Twickenham seems like a strange choice although with Rugby WC its been in the shop window big style.

is Tottenham not getting some games as well. Think we are 5 years from a franchise playing out of London.

is Tottenham not getting some games as well. Think we are 5 years from a franchise playing out of London.

London is absolutely booming at the moment, it is awash with funny money from all over the globe. There is plenty of talk from otherwise sensible people that it is no longer really part of England but an embryonic city state like Singapore and it would be better to cut the rest of the UK loose and go it alone.

More sensible types might reflect that what goes up must come down: so who knows what the London/UK/Western economies will look like in the next 3-5 years, I hope if the NFL have a serious plan for England they consider whether they can shift £30mn worth of tickets a year in more rational economic times, even leaving aside all the other reasons why it wouldn't work (tax/players don't want to come/travel etc)

Step forward New Orleans this week.

For you and everyone else

That was an absolute shocker - in league with the bookies

Another narrow defeat for the Cowboys. Will watch the highlights tonight but it appears they dominated time of possession, were pretty much equal in overall yards but were, yet again, unable to force a turnover while also throwing a pick.

A season which i was optimistic about is pretty much over already. Even getting to .500 will be a minor miracle.

Another narrow defeat for the Cowboys. Will watch the highlights tonight but it appears they dominated time of possession, were pretty much equal in overall yards but were, yet again, unable to force a turnover while also throwing a pick.

A season which i was optimistic about is pretty much over already. Even getting to .500 will be a minor miracle.

6 in a row defeats is shocking. For a team that was supposedly fancied this year for the Superbowl, its shocking, irrespective of the injuries. Barstewards!

6 in a row defeats is shocking. For a team that was supposedly fancied this year for the Superbowl, its shocking, irrespective of the injuries. Barstewards!

Defence has been pathetic and unable to make up for weakness on the other side of the ball. Joint last in the NFL in both turnovers won and turnover differential tells its own story.

Brilliant game though, very tense at the end.

J

This looks a bit tasty... All the Yanks I work with prefer College football to the NFL. Its weird how massive it is in the States.

It is massive. The size of the US means that many people do not live near an NFL franchise, so the college team is their local team. And, unlike a franchise, there is no chance of them moving to another city. Also, apparently the standard is quite high, as far as I know college football is the only real route into the NFL so some of the guys you are watching will be playing at the highest level in a few years.

By the way, High School football is also very popular, with big crowds and important games televised.

Last thing, hope you don't call your 'Yank' workmates that to their face. They probably won't be offended but unless they are from north east, New England in particular, they will think you are a bit daft. Calling all Americans Yanks is a bit like calling all British people Jocks.

It is massive. The size of the US means that many people do not live near an NFL franchise, so the college team is their local team. And, unlike a franchise, there is no chance of them moving to another city. Also, apparently the standard is quite high, as far as I know college football is the only real route into the NFL so some of the guys you are watching will be playing at the highest level in a few years.

By the way, High School football is also very popular, with big crowds and important games televised.

Last thing, hope you don't call your 'Yank' workmates that to their face. They probably won't be offended but unless they are from north east, New England in particular, they will think you are a bit daft. Calling all Americans Yanks is a bit like calling all British people Jocks.

It's a bit like Americans calling us all English. It's just what they do, and us calling them yanks, is what we do.

Having lived in the South where there was a Confederate War memorial in the middle of town, I learnt my American history pretty quickly.

This was our local College team ODUs stadium, crazy!

foreman.aerial.fullstands.band_.jpg

J

Edited by Bristolhibby