Davis Cup Semi Finals - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davis Cup Semi Finals

Parklife

A friend has just posted a picture of himself on FB with a number of fellow members of his tennis club at the Emirates, or whatever it is called. Most are in Back the Brits t-shirts (not him mind). So what? They are tennis fans, at a tennis match, in which their team (for the moment at least) are playing. A sense of perspective never goes amiss. If it bothers you, don't watch it. I won't be, but that's because tennis is shite.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few Yes flags near me

Not really a brit fest and it's been an enjoyable day.

Maybe I'm not as bitter as some.

A few Yes flags near me

Not really a brit fest and it's been an enjoyable day.

Maybe I'm not as bitter as some.

You're certainly as anal as some.

Make no mistake, there is not a person in this world more patriotic about Scotland than me and I was there and will be today and tomorrow fist pumping for GB. That's right GB. I feel almost zero emotion for GB but I was there. Scotland flag and t-shirt. Today my old Rugby top sponsored by MURRAY on the front - smart eh?

Unfortunately until we vote for Independence we are captured within Team GB in Olympics and Tennis, etc. That's life and nobody will stop me supporting a couple of Dumblane boys or Inverness lassies or Edinburgh individuals who are competing for medals or such.

I also supported Team Europe in the Ryder Cup...................did you and if so please explain the difference!

If these words make you uneasy this might help...........GSTQ was a disaster. They had to turn the CD up for effect when about 1% sang. Those who had Union Jacks on for the day maybe thought about it for 5 secs but I barely sw anyone even mime the words. Brilliant. When it came to the crunch..................then two bursts of Loch Lomond had mass participation a la Hampden half-time.

I support Andy and Jamie when they play tennis under their own name, but I cant support them playing under the U.J.

Britain is a foreign country to me, and Andy and Jamoe playing for Britain is similar to Mc Geady and Mc Carthy playing for Ireland, two Scots playing in a foreign team

So come on the Aussies... ;-)

Edited by stocky

An excuse for the gathering of Billy Brit Nats. Summed up for me by two clowns in UJ suits clutching bottles of Magners slevering into the cameras.

I couldnt give a shyte about europe..same as gb...it stops at being scottish for me.

I support Andy and Jamie when they play tennis under their own name, but I cant support them playing under the U.J.

Britain is a foreign country to me, and Andy and Jamoe playing for Britain is similar to Mc Geady and Mc Carthy playing for Ireland, two Scots playing in a foreign team

So come on the Aussies... ;-)

I salute your courage, your strength and your indefatigability, you are true patriots Mel Gibson would be proud of you.

Interesting to think if you had a son/daughter who in order to be at the top of their chosen sport they had to represent Gb.would u support them?

For real??that's a shame then.certainly wouldn't be watching this tennis if it was the henman brothers.but for Jamie Murray this is the pinnacle of his career.same for Chris hoy etc etc.

Interesting to think if you had a son/daughter who in order to be at the top of their chosen sport they had to represent Gb.would u support them?

Aye, i have aften wondered that myself, also If I had been good enough.. what would I have done....