Daily Record Article - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daily Record Article

killie97

A genuine question here but do ppeople think Rangers and Celtic are not to be paid handsomely for the use of their stadia?

Yes of course they should be paid for use of their stadia. The thing is though, the SFA were compensated for the use of Hampden for the Commonwealth games, so there should have been no "additional expenditure" for them.

They have just tried to cash in on the feel good factor of the recent form, and they know damned fine well by now that they have f*cked up big time.

Yes of course they should be paid for use of their stadia. The thing is though, the SFA were compensated for the use of Hampden for the Commonwealth games, so there should have been no "additional expenditure" for them.

They have just tried to cash in on the feel good factor of the recent form, and they know damned fine well by now that they have f*cked up big time.

^ This ^

But does the Commonwealth Games money not go to owners of Hansen - Queens Park?

Queens Park own the stadium, but Hampden PLC (which I think is chaired by the SFA) hold the lease, so run and operate Hampden.

Queens Park have been playing at Airdrie for almost the full year now (when wouldn't playing at somewhere like Albion Rovers not be cheaper and meet their needs?) plus a brand new club house and offices at Lesser Hampden, which will be getting billed to the Commonwealth Games.... so sure the SFA will have had some compensation to take Scotland and cup games away from Hampden.

Interstitimg back page.

We've had it too good for too long according to SFA.

Seriously?

If they want to run it as a business fine but that also means that they need to pay attention to their customers.

Unless they want to be like Comet.

this one which is similar to the first link and as some have already said,months too late

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-stun-tartan-army-claiming-4472218

Aye, I had to double check I was not reading the same one over again as it does seem a little bit copy-and-paste'ish..... at least it something out in the public.

as far as i understand it, SFA got VIK rather than hard cash so no big pot of Commonwealth money. They got upgrades for catering and facilities etc instead.

Anyway, countries use other stadia all the time without hiking their ticket prices to customers. It's a business risk that should be smoothed over by robust budgeting.

£42 is a shocking amount to charge ordinary folk. They know people will pay it though. It's at the highest end possible to get away with when it's not a regular biweekly fixture like club games. Cynical like. Hope the Gibraltar game is empty. probably only gesture that'll embarrass them.

Proud but unhappy to say I have boycotted the England game, and will also miss Gibraltar and possibly Germany games.

Just wanted to say that the daily record article is a complete joke, they knew the situation within days of the ticket prices being announced, yet they decide to publish now....... after most people have either grudgingly purchased tickets or worse still, been forced to miss games.

THE MEDIA ARE ONE AND THE SAME AS THE SFA.

This is the usual shyte from the Daily Record though.

Giving us big headlines then not backing it up with real quotes from anyone. Did anyone actually say we've had it "too good for too long"?

Unionist rag.

Problem I have and I guess along with many other fans is that I see this campaign as the best chance in the last decade to qualify for the finals. I think its a disgrace the ticket pricing but I dont really want to protest at a game and have a negative effect on the team/management as the pricing isnt anything to do with them. The SFA run about like they arent accountable for anything when things go pear shaped (not just on the pricing fiasco). It looks like the only way for anything to be done is for people to turn there backs on the team and not go to the games andi'm not ging to do that just yet.