Launch Of Pro-Independence Newspaper - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Launch Of Pro-Independence Newspaper

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

The editor himself told us at The Hydro today.

Their marketing has been pretty poor - mainly word of mouth it seems.

Their website has nothing on it, rather than 'coming soon', likewise their twitter account

I tweeted them to ask if the 'aye' text was true, got no response, and couldn't find out anywhere what the price is for the 5day trial.

Eventually someone told me it's £1.50

I'll definitely give it a go, but wish they had done some decent marketing - they say the first 5 days are crucial for new publications, and so far we know not very much about this paper

Their marketing has been pretty poor - mainly word of mouth it seems.

Their website has nothing on it, rather than 'coming soon', likewise their twitter account

I tweeted them to ask if the 'aye' text was true, got no response, and couldn't find out anywhere what the price is for the 5day trial.

Eventually someone told me it's £1.50

I'll definitely give it a go, but wish they had done some decent marketing - they say the first 5 days are crucial for new publications, and so far we know not very much about this paper

Fair comments.

A newspaper editor appearing at the rally of a governing party to promote his paper which supports the said party. Has this ever happened before?

Andra Neil may have been at a few Tory party conferences back in the day?

But I don't know it's not something that sits comfortably with me but then again the SNP are not technically the party of government which gives a bit of leeway.

As Salmond said 30 out of 33 newpapers were anti-independence, so if you're going to buck the trend it's maybe a good idea to engage directly with your market.

That said announcing a new publication on the Friday and having it in the shops on the Monday is fairly ambitious!