Concert Hall Steps - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Concert Hall Steps

The word on the street is GCC thought it had become a nationalist shrine after the rally there.

So, like the Wings advertisements on the underground, they have to go.

Paranoia off the scale there my friend. Toepokes spot on with this one.

The word on the street is GCC thought it had become a nationalist shrine after the rally there.

So, like the Wings advertisements on the underground, they have to go.

Surely though any considerations would have been long before use in Indy Ref. I'm sure post Ref that might have been another reason to go ahead with it but wouldn't have led to it in the first place. It seems like a decent public space and I do think cities need them as well as shopping centres. As I said leaving politics aside is this develppment a good thing for Glasgow city centre?

Surely though any considerations would have been long before use in Indy Ref. I'm sure post Ref that might have been another reason to go ahead with it but wouldn't have led to it in the first place. It seems like a decent public space and I do think cities need them as well as shopping centres. As I said leaving politics aside is this develppment a good thing for Glasgow city centre?

No

Its shite they are getting rid of them. Kind of iconic in glasgow. Good place to chill in the summer etc. no need for any additiom to the shopping center either, huge waste of money.

Its shite they are getting rid of them. Kind of iconic in glasgow. Good place to chill in the summer etc. no need for any additiom to the shopping center either, huge waste of money.

Thats what i thought as a visitor. Does anyone outside GCC think it's a god idea?

Thats what i thought as a visitor. Does anyone outside GCC think it's a god idea?

These are the people who thought blowing up Red Road flats for the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony was a good idea. Destroying a well-loved, useful, and visually pleasing public space is nothing in comparison.

Especially since both the Buchanan Galleries and St Enoch have lots of empty units in them. Extending the Galleries is utter madness

Only just realised that GCC are intent on getting rid of these. Seems a bit of a pity. When I visit Glasgow I actually think there quite a nice bit of that part of the city. What do the natives think?

This local is hopping mad about it. Well, maybe not quite hopping but it is the kind of vandalism you come to expect from the shower of s who run this city.

I don't know of anyone who thinks this is a good idea. It looks to me like a deliberate attempt to remove anything distinctive about the city.

Paranoia off the scale there my friend. Toepokes spot on with this one.

Money is the main motivator but a fringe benefit is that the people of the city will lose a significant piece of public space - including those ghastly separatists.

The sad thing is, there are plenty of parts of the city that could really do with some renovation, including in the city centre. The Trongate, for instance, is a midden (and has been for as long as I can remember) and while a fair bit of money has been spent on the riverside, parts of that area still look dreadful, which doesn't create the best impression for visitors arriving by train.

Thats what i thought as a visitor. Does any one outside GCC think it's a god idea?

Nope so many people really angry and upset about it. It really will be a disgrace if it goes through.

Especially since both the Buchanan Galleries and St Enoch have lots of empty units in them. Extending the Galleries is utter madness

Yea exactly its pathetic no need at all