Just Finished Breaking Bad Season 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just Finished Breaking Bad Season 5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More depth to a 80s Nescafé advert

When everybody likes something it normally means it's a bit shit,Breaking Bad is a bit shit.

Go dig out Southland as a series to watch

You'll thank me later

Southland is superb. Weak ending but I think that was more to the sudden pulling of funding. Never got why shows like that were largely ignored, where as Pish like Blue Blood and NCIS carrys on trucking.

J

Southland is superb. Weak ending but I think that was more to the sudden pulling of funding. Never got why shows like that were largely ignored, where as Pish like Blue Blood and NCIS carrys on trucking.

J

Populist crap for the brain dead masses. I love Blue Bloods btw :-)) .I'm a sucker for an American cop show

Lots of twists and turns.

Full of suprises and would definately recommend this TV series.

Has anybody watched the spin off, "Call Sall" ?

Excellent stuff, Call Saul is great too,the fix you need after Walt deficit.

You've made your argument a bit redundant by saying you love Blue Bloods.

I thought liking a show that is populist crap for the brain dead masses would have only strengthened my argument about a show being populist crap for the brain dead masses ?

I thought liking a show that is populist crap for the brain dead masses would have only strengthened my argument about a show being populist crap for the brain dead masses ?

I didn't realise there were 'rules' surrounding what shows you were allowed to like m8 :-)). Have to say I enjoyed Breaking Bad. Almost made me want to try Crystal Meth though :blink::-))

And anyway I still don't think it can top The Wire. The first two Seasons of that are superb.

Oops, I thought you were talking about Breaking Bad being populist crap. Blue Bloods is crap.

Are people reading far too much into what I typed ?

People read what you type :yikes3:

TT

PS Tried to watch Breaking Bad but didn't really think it was anything special - now Generation Kill, that was a bit special!

Watched 3 episodes of better call Saul now, and still not getting into it.

It's not funny, not a lot happens, I don't really get it. Is it supposed to be funny?

Agree. I've watched 4 episodes and it's just not very good.

My favourite character in Breaking Bad was Saul's employee Mike. Maybe when Mike does more than collect tickets it will start to get interesting.

Watched 3 episodes of better call Saul now, and still not getting into it.

It's not funny, not a lot happens, I don't really get it. Is it supposed to be funny?

It's meant to be "funny" in a similar way to Breaking Bad - there's a dark underlying humour at play but its predominantly a character driven drama as opposed to a comedy.

If you haven't seen Breaking Bad I'd recommend watching that first before trying Better Call Saul.