Just Finished Breaking Bad Season 5 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just Finished Breaking Bad Season 5

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking Bad was excellent. Better Call Saul was disappointing IMO. The Saul Goodman back story lacked all the humour we saw from him in Breaking Bad so it's a completely different show. Not that that makes it a bad show, just wasn't quite I hoped. Found Mike far more interesting.

3 hours ago, giblet said:

Finally got around to watch Breaking bad, after a month, now onto final series, an absolutely phenomonal show, anyone not watched it yet really needs to.  outstanding.

The final series was probably my least favourite, perhaps partly because I knew it was going to be the last.

Better Call Saul is worth a watch.  I wasn't too keen on it initially but stuck I with it and it grew on me.  Just working my way through the second series now and it's definitely superior to the first.  It's a little different from Breaking Bad in terms of mood and pace but one or two more characters from Breaking Bad reappear.

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Indeed. Overrated by anyone who rates it higher than "completely fecking shit". 

Did you watch it all?

It was probably over rated as it was popular (or was it popular because it was over rated?) but there were only a handful of episodes across the whole series that I didn't enjoy.

Better call Saul on the other hand was utter dung!

Everyone I know who has watched this has absolutely raved about it with more than one saying it's the best thing they've ever watched.  I finished season 2 last night and while I'm kind of enjoying it I could easily ditch it and not go back to it which isn't something that I could have said with the likes of The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones or the first few seasons of 24. Most of the episodes are struggling to keep me engaged for the full 45 mins and while it did pick up significantly with the introduction of Saul it didn't carry it on to the episode after.  2/5 so far.

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Everyone I know who has watched this has absolutely raved about it with more than one saying it's the best thing they've ever watched.  I finished season 2 last night and while I'm kind of enjoying it I could easily ditch it and not go back to it which isn't something that I could have said with the likes of The Wire, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones or the first few seasons of 24. Most of the episodes are struggling to keep me engaged for the full 45 mins and while it did pick up significantly with the introduction of Saul it didn't carry it on to the episode after.  2/5 so far.

And Skylar and Marie are battling it out with Kim Bauer and AJ Soprano for the most annoying character ever on TV!!!

49 minutes ago, scotlad said:

The final series was probably my least favourite, perhaps partly because I knew it was going to be the last.

Better Call Saul is worth a watch.  I wasn't too keen on it initially but stuck I with it and it grew on me.  Just working my way through the second series now and it's definitely superior to the first.  It's a little different from Breaking Bad in terms of mood and pace but one or two more characters from Breaking Bad reappear.

Agree regards BCS.  I watched the first 3 Episodes when it first aired and lost interest. Watched the rest of them up to date, a couple of weeks back and it defenitely picks up. 

Very likeable character, as is Mike. 

20 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And Skylar and Marie are battling it out with Kim Bauer and AJ Soprano for the most annoying character ever on TV!!!

Have you not watched homeland? Carrie Mathison is officially the most irritating fictional character ever.

32 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Have you not watched homeland? Carrie Mathison is officially the most irritating fictional character ever.

I had actually erased her from my memory!!!  I agree wholeheartedly and she's the reason I stopped watching it 2 episodes in to the second season as I couldn't take any more of her constant screeching and that greeting face!  Mrs Fairbairn still watches it and I'll see clips every now and then and every time I see it it seems to be a scene where Carrie is "coming off her meds" and starting to go bonkers again.  Utter horse shit.

I also had to stop watching it as my missus was being drive round the bend with me saying "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"!!  every time Saul appeared on the screen!!

Edited by Fairbairn

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Did you watch it all?

It was probably over rated as it was popular (or was it popular because it was over rated?) but there were only a handful of episodes across the whole series that I didn't enjoy.

Better call Saul on the other hand was utter dung!

Nope. I didn't watch it all because it was shite. 

Im sure I'd have been enthralled at the dorky teacher, turned bad ass drug dealer out gunning major drug cartels though, as I believe happened in later series (yes, series, not "season" as we're not fvcking American) 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Stick with it. After the first couple of series I'd expected more, given how much people were raving about it. But it does get much, much better. Imo the best series, in order of best first, are 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. After 4 I didn't think it could get any better.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Gets batter after series 2, we thought the same 

dont give up..

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Im sure I'd have been enthralled at the dorky teacher, turned bad ass drug dealer out gunning major drug cartels though, as I believe happened in later series (yes, series, not "season" as we're not fvcking American) 

I always suspect that people who say they didn't like breaking bad (or the wire for that matter) are a bit simple or have ADD (both need serious concentration to really appreciate it). You do seem to be a bit contrary but never usually come across as simple. Therefore I conclude that you could benefit from a dose of Ritalin.

37 minutes ago, thewelk said:

I always suspect that people who say they didn't like breaking bad (or the wire for that matter) are a bit simple or have ADD (both need serious concentration to really appreciate it). You do seem to be a bit contrary but never usually come across as simple. Therefore I conclude that you could benefit from a dose of Ritalin.

attention seeking is the phrase you're looking for

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I've never heard anyone else describe it in this manner ever. Especially not on here. 

Breaking Bad was excellent TV IMO. Not as good as The Wire or Sopranos but on a level just below them. As others have said, it got better the further into it you got. I struggled to get into it to begin with but once you get past the first few episodes of season 2 it's hard to get away from it from there on in.

20 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I've never heard anyone else describe it in this manner ever. Especially not on here. 

Breaking Bad was excellent TV IMO. Not as good as The Wire or Sopranos but on a level just below them. As others have said, it got better the further into it you got. I struggled to get into it to begin with but once you get past the first few episodes of season 2 it's hard to get away from it from there on in.

My other half would describe it similarly to that, as it's too far fetched for her. 

Towie, George Shore and Made In Chelsea are apparently fine though. Wummin!!!  

10 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

My other half would describe it similarly to that, as it's too far fetched for her. 

Towie, George Shore and Made In Chelsea are apparently fine though. Wummin!!!  

Ahem , not all wummin enjoy all that Towie pish. I am proud to say i havent as much as purchased a Hello magazine in all my 52 years. 

I rate the Sopranos and Breaking Bad as the best series' i have watched. Yes, Breaking Bad is a little far fetched however it is  after all supposed to be entertainment .  I can only recall 2 things i disliked about about. The episode about the Fly ( wtf was that all about) and the White's family home.  I found it so dark and dreary ( that i do concede is a pretty wumminy  thing to say ....) , i found it more depressing than the junkies . 

Watched Better Call Saul immediately after finishing BB and given Saul  was my favourite character was quite disappointed in it. However i stuck with it and agree with other posters that it definitely improves. The second series introduces more of the  BB characters and is becoming an interesting prequel. Agree about Mike.

13 hours ago, thewelk said:

Maybe better to just accept that not everyone will like the same things as you, rather than try and psychoanalyse someone based on what TV shows they like :lol: