League Reconstruction - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Reconstruction

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

League reconstruction would be ok in my eyes if Hibs rejected the chance to go up. We went down on merit so we should go back up on merit.

If they said it would take effect from 2016/17 or whenever then that's different but to push it through just to throw The Rainjurrs in with that other mob then Scottish Football would never get another penny off my dough

It's amazing how many Non-Rangers fans are banging on about this.

Nobody is suggesting this as a serious possibility and quite frankly I'd Hope even if it did happen it would be in a season or twos time to allow proper consultation and for them to actually produce some rules for a wee change.

Maybe your frothing madness can be dialled back a bit, at least till after Sunday?

It's amazing how many Non-Rangers fans are banging on about this.

Nobody is suggesting this as a serious possibility and quite frankly I'd Hope even if it did happen it would be in a season or twos time to allow proper consultation and for them to actually produce some rules for a wee change.

Maybe your frothing madness can be dialled back a bit, at least till after Sunday?

Who said Madness?????

http://youtu.be/GJ2X9SANsME

there is 0% chance of league reconstruction for next season. Even to get it in place for the season after next, the decision would have to be taken in the next 60 days. As nobody seems to agree with what size the leagues should be I just can't see it happening at all for years

The SPFL's sporting integrity would be severely damaged if this was made to happen.

The ladbrokes £3 million pound sponsorship deal is I understand not void if both old firm clubs are not in the SPFL.

Looks like ladbrookes may have gambled and lost if THE rangers fail to overturn Thursday's defeat at ibrox.

How ironic.

A bookie may loose. :-))

The SPFL's sporting integrity would be severely damaged if this was made to happen.

The ladbrokes £3 million pound sponsorship deal is I understand not void if both old firm clubs are not in the SPFL.

Looks like ladbrookes may have gambled and lost if THE rangers fail to overturn Thursday's defeat at ibrox.

How ironic.

A bookie may loose. :-))

That would be so sweet Cadburys would be sending representatives to Scotland looking for patents

As long as it's not thon 12-12 to 8-8-8 guff, I see Gordon Smith's been going on about it again in the papers.

I haven't seen anything proposed yet that's an improvement on what we have, especially now there's play-offs for the Premiership.

If it was up to me however we'd have a straight 16 team league and a 30 game season. A shorter league campaign might make things a bit more competitive at the top of the table. As has been mentioned the spare weekends could be filled by bringing back the old league cup groups.

2 leagues of 20.

38 games

Three up, three down.

Keep it simple.

J

Don't like it. You'd get teams going to Celtic park and getting absolutely humped. Would be embarrassing.

Don't like it. You'd get teams going to Celtic park and getting absolutely humped. Would be embarrassing.

Eh? That already happens.

I bigger league would make it easier for teams like Aberdeen to challenge Celtic.

I'd maybe go with an 18-team league so there is room for a winter break.

As long as it's not thon 12-12 to 8-8-8 guff, I see Gordon Smith's been going on about it again in the papers.

I haven't seen anything proposed yet that's an improvement on what we have, especially now there's play-offs for the Premiership.

If it was up to me however we'd have a straight 16 team league and a 30 game season. A shorter league campaign might make things a bit more competitive at the top of the table. As has been mentioned the spare weekends could be filled by bringing back the old league cup groups.

I actually really like the 12-12 to 8-8-8 idea. Probably make very little difference to the top 8 - play each other 4 times ? So what, at least it's not 3. The groups of 8 guarantee more interest for more teams right to the end of the season.

Eh? That already happens.

I bigger league would make it easier for teams like Aberdeen to challenge Celtic.

I'd maybe go with an 18-team league so there is room for a winter break.

It happens occasionally and not to the same extent. I think if Cowdenbeath and Alloa we're going to Celtic park, we'd frequently get double figures.

I think 16 is optimum.

It happens occasionally and not to the same extent. I think if Cowdenbeath and Alloa we're going to Celtic park, we'd frequently get double figures.

I think 16 is optimum.

That wouldn't be exclusive to Celtic. They're get humped at Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, etc.

But as was said, it would break the Celtic stranglehold on Scottish football and would mean that Derbies become a bit more important to fans.

Top league- Aberdeen, Alloa Athletic, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Dundee, Dundee United, Falkirk, Hamilton Academical, Heart Of Midlothian, Hibernian, Inverness CT, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Queen Of The South, Raith Rovers, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren.

Lower league - Airdrieonians, Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr United, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, East Stirlingshire, Elgin City, Forfar Athletic, Montrose, Morton, Peterhead, Queens Park, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

That wouldn't be exclusive to Celtic. They're get humped at Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, etc.

But as was said, it would break the Celtic stranglehold on Scottish football and would mean that Derbies become a bit more important to fans.

Top league- Aberdeen, Alloa Athletic, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Dundee, Dundee United, Falkirk, Hamilton Academical, Heart Of Midlothian, Hibernian, Inverness CT, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Queen Of The South, Raith Rovers, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren.

Lower league - Airdrieonians, Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr United, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, East Stirlingshire, Elgin City, Forfar Athletic, Montrose, Morton, Peterhead, Queens Park, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

J

:moon: