Another Chance To Boo Gstq. - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Another Chance To Boo Gstq.

Robroysboy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really are very ignorant of Belfast and NI supporters. ..... not everyone is bitter like you.

You define bitter as being absolutely anyone opposed to your beloved Union and parasitic royal family.

The Northern Ireland supporters were fine when I met them in 2008 at Hampden. Parts of your songbook though are quite abhorrent.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

You define bitter as being absolutely anyone opposed to your beloved Union and parasitic royal family.The Northern Ireland supporters were fine when I met them in 2008 at Hampden. Parts of your songbook though are quite abhorrent.

I have no problem with Republicans. ...... each to their own, you just come across as bitter as well. I also have no interest in the Royal Family........

Unfortunately we will have a few ballbegs in our support who sing inappropriate songs..... clueless ####wits. But we are not alone in tbat bracket.

you wont be upset by the booing of GSTQ then?

Whether or not a NI fan is "interested' in the Royals is neither here nor there.

GSTQ - for good or for ill - is their team's chosen National Anthem.

I'd be a bit pissed off is folk booed FoS.

It's rude.

you wont be upset by the booing of GSTQ then?

I don't think we should use it as an anthem. .... we need our own, maybe Danny Boy or something. So no, it wont upset me, I said earlier ill be happy enough listening to the boo boys..... scunnered as they remain in the UK.

That will please me.

What the feck has that got to do with Scotland ? Tell me, does it involve the sentiment "all us proddies need to stick together" or "our forfathers fought side by side" or "our folks came from Scotland (that was nearly 400 years ago, your 100% Irish now), we deserve a referendum vote too". Pathetic.

We're going our own way towards a fair and progressive Scotland. A Scotland that will be free from the constrains that Britain's conservative, sectarian, elitist and corrupt social and political culture are currently poisoning us with. Scottish independence is going to happen make no mistake about it, and you will be alive to see it.

Somehow I don't think there's many who share your love of the union in places like West Belfast, Derry, Newry, Omagh etc ....

Your First Minister, Mr Robinson, is also quite possibly the most horrible wee homophobic bigot in British politics. Typhoid is too good for him.

Enjoy Westminster governance and it's wonderful future benefits including a privatised health service, further cuts to benefits, the casting adrift of the elderly and vulnerable and perhaps even another good old fashioned war in Iran, Syria or even Iraq - Part III.

On a final note, many Scotland fans have no love for the auld witch of Windsor and desire a republic. We'll boo that bloody stupid song if we want too

:ok:

I don't think we should use it as an anthem. .... we need our own, maybe Danny Boy or something. So no, it wont upset me, I said earlier ill be happy enough listening to the boo boys..... scunnered as they remain in the UK.

That will please me.

Why don't you think you should use it as your anthem? you want to be servants of the union then surely they will tell you what your anthem is.

Why don't you think you should use it as your anthem? you want to be servants of the union then surely they will tell you what your anthem is.

Because we play football as Northern Ireland..... Not Team GB

Your second point is a strange one..... even stupid. Do 'they' tell you to use GSTQ? No........

Whether or not a NI fan is "interested' in the Royals is neither here nor there.

GSTQ - for good or for ill - is their team's chosen National Anthem.

I'd be a bit pissed off is folk booed FoS.

It's rude.

pf course it makes a difference, if he has no time for the royal family he wont be upset at some booing of an anthem to a sponging unelected parasite

FoS has been booed numerous times and does not put me up nor down

When you vote to stay part of the UK you have to accept what comes with that. Wars, the royal family, loose women to name a few.

Booing GSTQ is pointless.

i didnt vote to stay part of the union so do not need to accept what comes wth that

booing GSTQ is quite joyous

Edited by Langtonian

pf course it makes a difference, if he has no time for the royal family he wont be upset at some booing of an anthem to a sponging unelected parasite

FoS has been booed numerous times and does not put me up nor down

i didnt vote to stay part of the union so do not need to accept what comes wth that

booing GSTQ is quite joyous

:wink2:

Edited by Robroysboy

Looking forward to the visit of the wee country. Great people, great fans. To be honest I would have preferred the game to be at Windsor. That way many of our fans would have an opportunity to visit Belfast and enjoy the fantastic hospitality of the city. Maybe then they would think twice about booing their anthem.

Well said mate. I'm glad it's in Glasgow and at Hampden where Scotland belongs. I was there in 2008 for that boring nil nil draw but a great wee trip none the less. Hampden is my favourite stadium in all of the European stadia I have been to following Northern Ireland. Most of our support in the west stand sang Flower of Scotland along with the home crowd. That was more than a mark of respect which when you think of it singing another nation's national anthem is not at all common. Booing GSTQ (our chosen anthem) was disrespectful and borderline childish was an embarrassment. I will be there in March to support my country respectively and I will sing For again as I consider Scotland my second nation and I expect the majority of Scottish fans to boo my nations chosen an then again and for that reason I hope Northern Ireland will give Scotland a football lesson on the pitch as we did with Greece in Athens last October

Well said mate. I'm glad it's in Glasgow and at Hampden where Scotland belongs. I was there in 2008 for that boring nil nil draw but a great wee trip none the less. Hampden is my favourite stadium in all of the European stadia I have been to following Northern Ireland. Most of our support in the west stand sang Flower of Scotland along with the home crowd. That was more than a mark of respect which when you think of it singing another nation's national anthem is not at all common. Booing GSTQ (our chosen anthem) was disrespectful and borderline childish was an embarrassment. I will be there in March to support my country respectively and I will sing For again as I consider Scotland my second nation and I expect the majority of Scottish fans to boo my nations chosen an then again and for that reason I hope Northern Ireland will give Scotland a football lesson on the pitch as we did with Greece in Athens last October

Are you from my Island?

Yes, Belfast in the swanky Shankill Rd suburb but I lived in Ayr for a wee while in the 1980's hence my interest in Scotland also the team I support play their football in Glasgow

I'll be up your neck of the woods tomorrow. .....

Ballygomartin Rd.

Done a few wee NI away days myself..... to be honest, Hampden is poor for atmosphere, too far away from the pitch.

I'll be up your neck of the woods tomorrow. .....

Ballygomartin Rd.

Done a few wee NI away days myself..... to be honest, Hampden is poor for atmosphere, too far away from the pitch.

I do agree with it being too far from the pitch but I love the feel about the place. I've watched a few cup finals a few Scotland games and in March two Northern Ireland friendlies

Because we play football as Northern Ireland..... Not Team GB

Your second point is a strange one..... even stupid. Do 'they' tell you to use GSTQ? No........

No, we tell them we are using FoS. As for booing GSTQ, you know the history, deal with it.

Edited by Bzzzz