Best Place To Watch Ireland Vs Poland On The Sunday - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Place To Watch Ireland Vs Poland On The Sunday

Robroysboy

I have heard that the ireland vs poland game kicks off before our gibraltar match.

Hoping to watch this as I think it should be a cracking game. I am hoping for a draw. I certanly don't want to play Ireland at home after they have beaten Poland. However saying that we played exceptionally weel considering we went 1 down in warsae, the game after they beat Germany 3 days prior.

What score would we all be hoping for? Draw so that they both drop points? Ireland win to reign Poland back in? Poland win to try and knock Ireland right back?

Personally I want a draw as I feel we are capable of beating Ireland away and Poland at home. Drawing both games is a strong possibility too though. I don;t even want to think about defeat.

No matter what, this game in Dublin is gearing up to be our biggest for years.

What score would we all be hoping for? Draw so that they both drop points? Ireland win to reign Poland back in? Poland win to try and knock Ireland right back?

Personally I want a draw as I feel we are capable of beating Ireland away and Poland at home. Drawing both games is a strong possibility too though. I don;t even want to think about defeat.

No matter what, this game in Dublin is gearing up to be our biggest for years.

Think draw would be best..... means Ireland don't gain any ground on us (as we should beat Gibraltar no problem) going into the game in June.... and Poland should start dropping points with hopefully Germany getting out of first gear.

Just in time for their visit to hampden. :-))

Unfortunately I have a horrible feeling that will be what ends up costing us 2nd place if we do not take anything off Germany.... and 3rd place effectively going to the winner of Junes game in Dublin.

Really, if we are going for 2nd place against Poland, I fancy our chances.... if we are going for 2nd place with Germany, I do not.........

Edited by wanderer

Unfortunately I have a horrible feeling that will be what ends up costing us 2nd place if we do not take anything off Germany.... and 3rd place effectively going to the winner of Junes game in Dublin.

Really, if we are going for 2nd place against Poland, I fancy our chances.... if we are going for 2nd place with Germany, I do not.........

Fair assessment.

I think given our performance in Poland we have to believe that we can beat them. We were well on top at 2-1 and had a great chance to put the game out of sight. That said Poland had us hanging on at the end.

Really fancy us against the Irish. I'm not writing them off and know it will be a tight game of course. It's looking like we will have thousands in the home end over there too. Don't think I've been this frantic about a game since the World Cup in '98.

Penny Farthom Cathcart Rd for us after game. Regularly there now. TA friendly and great wee pub. Stanley one of the locals ensures the sandwiches are waiting for us.