Darren Fletcher To West Brom - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher To West Brom

ZoltanBuchan

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on whether Fletcher can get back to being able to play 90 minutes every match at the high intensity that made him a top class player.

If he is played just sitting in the middle of the park pinging passes about and breaking up opponents play then I think he can but if they try and use him as a box to box midfielder then no chance. Hope the best for him as his commitment to Scotland has been second to none

Then he wouldn't have spent a big chunk of that time as a squad player.

As has been said, he was at his peak 5 years ago. The first name on Fergie's teamsheet. In more recent years, when you're suggesting he was a squad player, he was medically incapable of playing. If he'd signed for someone else he'd have been in exactly the same position of not being able to play any more than a handful of games. This is exactly the right time for him to move imo.

Fletcher could have been the difference in the final against barca.

Fergie came out and said retrospectively that his absence was a big loss.

Wishing darren all the best at his new club and see him challenging for a starting 11 slot with scotland.

This

If he is played just sitting in the middle of the park pinging passes about and breaking up opponents play then I think he can but if they try and use him as a box to box midfielder then no chance. Hope the best for him as his commitment to Scotland has been second to none

And this

I still can't shake the feeling he's past in and will never be the same after his illness. I hope I am wrong.

Time will tell. He passed a medical so, thats a start. Don't think strachan will plan building ateam around him like leivine did but none the less he would be a valuable squad member IF match fit. Definitely a back up captain, as its broonies armband at the moment.

Time will tell. He passed a medical so, thats a start. Don't think strachan will plan building ateam around him like leivine did but none the less he would be a valuable squad member IF match fit. Definitely a back up captain, as its broonies armband at the moment.

In all your posts referencing Levein, I don't believe you've mis-spelt his name the same way twice :)...........

On this other forum I use, the Manchester United 'fans' have been celebrating Fletcher leaving akin to having thrashed Liverpool 5 - 0 or something.

What a joke for a man who has given so many years of service to them and was a vital big game player for them in his peak.

Hopefully these plastics are just a minority opinion...

On this other forum I use, the Manchester United 'fans' have been celebrating Fletcher leaving akin to having thrashed Liverpool 5 - 0 or something.

What a joke for a man who has given so many years of service to them and was a vital big game player for them in his peak.

To be fair, #ThankyouFletch was trending on Twitter for most of the day after deadline day.

Fletcher could have been the difference in the final against barca.

Fergie came out and said retrospectively that his absence was a big loss.

I remember thinking exactly that during the game. A completely unwarranted suspension as well :angry:

I'm sure - or at least I hope - that most Man U supporters will recognise he was an integral part of their team, and an automatic pick for big games, before his appalling illness. While he's never been the type of midfielder to build a team around, every midfield does need a player like him. Wish him all the best at West Brom, and for, hopefully, Scotland.

I remember thinking exactly that during the game. A completely unwarranted suspension as well :angry:

I'm sure - or at least I hope - that most Man U supporters will recognise he was an integral part of their team, and an automatic pick for big games, before his appalling illness. While he's never been the type of midfielder to build a team around, every midfield does need a player like him. Wish him all the best at West Brom, and for, hopefully, Scotland.

I know a few guys go old Trafford and none of them rated Fletcher for years even pre illness....only passing on what the told me ok..

Why is everyone creaming themselves over Darren fletcher.he took years to establish himself at man u.can't remember more than 3 good games for Scotland.he was the brunt of Keane's criticism of the team back in the day.illness and professionalism apart he is the most over overstated Scotland player in history.he isn't fit to lace Gary mac's or jc's jockstraps.nor Barry fergusons come to that.

Edited by allyc

Why is everyone creaming themselves over Darren fletcher.he took years to establish himself at man u.can't remember more than 3 good games for Scotland.he was the brunt of Keane's criticism of the team back in the day.illness and professionalism apart he is the most over overstated Scotland player history.he isn't fit to lace Gary mac's or jc's jockstraps.nor Barry fergusons come to that.

This is harsh but aspects of it I agree with.

He was a shining light in a very poor Scotland team - now we are much better he is probably not even a guaranteed starter