Barcelona... - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Barcelona...

Bzzzz

Ticketmaster sell for face value , nearer the time season ticket holders put back their options on the games , so you get re-sell tickets through them too

If you haven't booked a hotel , try getting one towards the ground as on night matches the metro will have stopped and unless you understand the mobbed buses, your at the mercy of the taxi drivers... and they WILL rip you off

• 3 weeks later...

Have been over for a few games (including the night Messi scored his first senior goal against Albacete :) ) and have always just bought tickets direct from the club website. You can view available seats, including the pitch view from the seat, and keep an eye on it over time as the Seient Lliure (free seat) scheme means that season ticket holders who can't make a game will make their seats available so you often get really good seats coming up for sale just a few weeks before the game (we got halfway line, front of second tier for a game against Valencia a few years back)

Tickets aren't cheap, especially if you don't want to be behind the goals or up in the gods, but it's totally worth it to see those amazing players play.

One thing to watch out for - when you go to pick up your tickets, make sure you take your passport with you as they will not hand over tickets without it, as we found out once after standing in a queue for an hour and a half...oh, and go early to get your tickets because the queues get crazy.

Been over a few times myself.

My last one was the first game this season that Barca had conceded a goal at home in the game they lost 1-0 to Celta Vigo on halloween weekend. Talk about picking the right game to go to. Booked up for the Almeria game in April. Picked that game in the hope they might actually be able to win this time :lol: and it is cheaper because it is a smaller team.

We usually just but tickets off the club website, you can pick up decent seats for about £60, which is fantastic considering the players you get to see playing in the flesh.

If your looking for accommodation check out the AinB Sagrada apartments as that is where we usually stay. Fantastic city location and also reasonably cheap booked through expedia.co.uk. Flights and accommodation for the 3 nights was £140 pp.

• 3 weeks later...

I was waiting for Barcelona v Valencia tickets to come up, but had to wait until the TV date was announced. By the time they came I'd changed my mind and decided to go to Valencia v Levante instead and am bloody glad I didn't wait. There are only about 40 single seats available on the FCB website and they start at €83 a pop, up to over €500.

Two tickets for Valencia derby earlier in the week were €40.