Inverary - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Inverary

Mox

Going there this weekend, looking for recommendations for things to do, restaurants and pubs etc.

Stayed at the George Hotel last year and enjoyed it. Food was pretty good for the evening meal. Breakfast the next morning was excellent. the Jail is well worth a visit. Doesn't look much from the outside but was very interesting and I think we spent a good 90 mins in there.

Mrs Angus Young was preggars at the time so we couldn't indulge but it looks like a cracking wee town to sit and have a few beers in the sun. If, ike us, that's not possible then there are some decent walks up round the Castle.

The Gothic folly on Dun na Cuaiche is a gentle climb from the castle and offers superb views over Loch Fyne.

My dad took me up there when I was about 8 years old. I've been back to inveraray about 10 times since and always take a walk up. fantastic view.

Last time I was there I stayed in the Argyll hotel overlooking the loch. Food in the George is better but it gets very busy. Sunday lunch is especially good but you need to get in early. ( or sit at the bar and wait for a table) ;)

My dad took me up there when I was about 8 years old. I've been back to inveraray about 10 times since and always take a walk up. fantastic view.

Last time I was there I stayed in the Argyll hotel overlooking the loch. Food in the George is better but it gets very busy. Sunday lunch is especially good but you need to get in early. ( or sit at the bar and wait for a table) ;)

The first time I went to climb it I didn't realise there was an easy path round the back - the dug and I ended up lost in the wooded bit in front of Dun na Cuaiche.

I love it up there; used to have a relative that lived in Minard and enjoyed many a holiday on the banks of Loch Fyne as a bairn.

Edited by Charlie Endell

The first time I went to climb it I didn't realise there was an easy path round the back - the dug and I ended up lost in the wooded bit in front of Dun na Cuaiche.

That happened to us too, my step mum was pregnant at the time and still made it up the front. Last time I was there in 2011 the path up was closed so we went up the front again.