Whats Everyone's Plans For The Draw? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Whats Everyone's Plans For The Draw?

bonny78

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be watching in a pub in Aviemore with the Stirling boys on the way back from Elgin (assuming no extra time)

6pm start to the draw but generally that means at least 30 min of fannying about before any balls get rustled.

4pm to 6pm UK Time isn't it?

For a 2 hour draw, that is a very swift draw taking place, so probably going to have nowhere near the pomp previous draws have had (probably Russia and FIFA keeping a low profile just now)

Edited by wanderer

4pm to 6pm UK Time isn't it?

For a 2 hour draw, that is a very swift draw taking place, so probably going to have nowhere near the pomp previous draws have had (probably Russia and FIFA keeping a low profile just now)

I think there is a good chance it will over run. These things always drag out.

Just did a mock draw at Lunchtime.

A hoor of a draw for us.

England, Denmark, SCOTLAND, Ireland, Finland and Liechtenstein.

GROUP A GROUP B GROUP C GROUP D GROUP E GROUP F GROUP G GROUP H GROUP I Netherlands (5) Spain (12) Croatia (14) Germany (2) Portugal (7) England (9) Romania (8) Wales (10) Belgium (3) France (22) Switzerland (18) Iceland (23) Czech Republic (20) Italy (17) Denmark (24) Slovakia (15) Bosnia and Herzegovina (26) Austria (15) Albania (36) Serbia (43) Ukraine (27) Northern Ireland (37) Greece (44) Scotland (29) Sweden (33) Poland (30) Hungary (31) Bulgaria (68) Turkey (48) Faroe Islands (74) Montenegro (81) Israel (51) Republic of Ireland (52) Norway (67) Estonia (82) Slovenia (49) Moldova (124) Macedonia (105) Latvia (87) Lithuania (110) Cyprus (85) Finland (90) Belarus (100) Azerbaijan (108) Armenia (89) Kazakhstan (142) Georgia (153) Malta (158) San Marino (192) Luxembourg (146) Liechtenstein (147) Andorra (202)

Yes they will go into one of the two five team groups.

I would normally want a 6 team group but would be happy with a 5 team group this time as it is guaranteed we can't draw Italy or France from pot 2 and Spain, Netherlands, Germany and England from pot 1.

Sounds like a very good deal if in a 5 team group but we'd probably still make heavy weather of it..

I'm not scared of England but I'd rather not play them again just now. They had things go their way in the last two games - late subs/defender off pitch when they scored equalizer in the first game and in the second game they were more up for it than we were, we did the hard bit already.

we get what we get, there's heaps of decent teams we can get from most of the pots, there isnt really much difference between pots 3 and 4. maybe the former yugoslavian teams could all play together again, too many decent teams out of the breakup, i'm sure that wouldnt be an issue after they won their first game united again......

WESTA are watching it in the basement bar of the Iron Horse (not me though as I'm going to the theatre.....have organised the pre theatre meal for Boteco do Brasil in the hope they are showing it on the TV like previous draws). All welcome at the WESTA do though.

ooooooh the theatre...ya lovey....

Running order on Saturday appears to be.

1. Some sort of draw to decided who will be paired for the intercontinental playoffs. i.e South America v Oceania

2. Africa

3. Europe

4. CONCACAF? Or whatever it is

5. Oceania

6. South America. Although thats only 1 group so not actually sure what they do.

1. Some sort of draw to decided who will be paired for the intercontinental playoffs. i.e South America v Oceania

2. Africa

3. Europe

5. Oceania

6. South America. Although thats only 1 group so not actually sure what they do.

Oh joy..... CAF draw takes FOREVER, as there is a two knock out rounds to be drawn, then the group stages.......

CONCACAF and Aisa trim the fat off a little bit (Asia it doubles as the Asia Cup, so you get a lot of nations like Nepal and Cambodia out the way) so cuts down the time.

2. Africa

3. Europe

5. Oceania

so we likely to be around 4.30 ish?