Jd Sports - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jd Sports

kmcca5

I went into the JD Sports in Inverness on Sunday looking for some Scotland merchandise from the "exclusive retailer"......not 1 single item of any description to be found. :blink:

What the is all that about?

It's especially ironic considering the $FA are continually looking for more cash and usually it's by fleecing Scotland fans.

Yet, they have opportunities to generate revenue willingly from supporters but can't provide the products to meet demand.

I went into the JD Sports in Inverness on Sunday looking for some Scotland merchandise from the "exclusive retailer"......not 1 single item of any description to be found. :blink:

What the is all that about?

not far off the same in the smaller one in Edinburgh on Monday.

Aye, they do try to flog some pish over here. The thing is that's the crap eejits will wear over here.

Read something about unprecedented demand for Wales kits and that JD had totally sold out of them and had no idea when they would get more. So it's not just us that are getting piss poor service. Looks like they have sorted that as there available on the JD Site now.

I thought about getting the wee fella the away strip for on holiday and his football class, but it's still full price and it's due to be changed soon, so just left it.

As someone said, seems a bit of a cartel with only JD selling it.

Or not able to sell it seems.

I thought about getting the wee fella the away strip for on holiday and his football class, but it's still full price and it's due to be changed soon, so just left it.

As someone said, seems a bit of a cartel with only JD selling it.

The away strip has been at Sale price for ages.

The mini kit wasn't included when I looked (He's only 2, I'm a cruel bugger :lol: )

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/adidas-scotland-2014-away-kit-children/033458/

The Mini kit is on sale here, word of warning, they sizes are quite a bit smaller than they should be and there are no socks with the mini kit!

• 2 weeks later...

How long was the JD deal for? Will we be stuck with this ridiculous situation for another 2 years?

And has anyone actually heard if there is a new top coming out in November?

Stuck with it for two more years. New shirt due in November.

Is that a definite two years?

I have exchanged emails with Jules McGeever over this and she has been very good at replying and providing updates. They are building a shop at Hampden to sell Scotland gear so hopefully this will mean the demise of the JD Sports agreement. They have also appointed a new merchandise manager, a guy called Steve Romeo and will have an online shop up and running by the end of the year.

At least that is what I am told

Is that a definite two years?

I have exchanged emails with Jules McGeever over this and she has been very good at replying and providing updates. They are building a shop at Hampden to sell Scotland gear so hopefully this will mean the demise of the JD Sports agreement. They have also appointed a new merchandise manager, a guy called Steve Romeo and will have an online shop up and running by the end of the year.

At least that is what I am told

That sounds like excellent progress If it comes to fruition. Get these single supplier contracts to , for good.

Edited by northernscum

me, just read the text with the link. Planet Regan is clearly in a different galaxy to our own

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “We are delighted to announce these sponsorship agreements with two of the leading sports brand manufacturers and retailers in the United Kingdom.

“They have shown their commitment to Scottish football by investing in the game and with the upturn in fortunes of all our national teams, we are sure the partnerships will be mutually beneficial.

“By confirming these contracts, we feel that we are continuing to elevate the profile of our national teams and ensuring that our supporters around the world have access to the very best merchandise and replica kits. The money that we generate through this partnership continues to support our strategic objectives, particularly in the Performance and Grassroots areas.”

me, just read the text with the link. Planet Regan is clearly in a different galaxy to our own

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “We are delighted to announce these sponsorship agreements with two of the leading sports brand manufacturers and retailers in the United Kingdom.

“They have shown their commitment to Scottish football by investing in the game and with the upturn in fortunes of all our national teams, we are sure the partnerships will be mutually beneficial.

“By confirming these contracts, we feel that we are continuing to elevate the profile of our national teams and ensuring that our supporters around the world have access to the very best merchandise and replica kits. The money that we generate through this partnership continues to support our strategic objectives, particularly in the Performance and Grassroots areas.”

Laughable. This has been one of the worst deals yet, for the fans that is. They have had not one penny from me for merchandise from this latest kit deal, and unless they sort things out for the last 2 years with the new kit i won't be getting that either.