Fifa Away Ticket Allowance - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fifa Away Ticket Allowance

Doric

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it might be in a stadium in Vilnius and we'd only get about 1k.

As for minimum, I remember some uproar when Belgium didn't give us 10% which folk thought we were entitled to, only to discover there was no stipulated minimum and it had to be negotiated group by group.

England are only getting between 250 - 350 for their game this October. Fifa allow for more tickets but 1000 would be a very generous 25%.

Of all the places I've been to see Scotland play, Kaunas is far and beyond the worst place I've ever been to. An absolute grade A shitehole of a place inhabited by nasty obnoxious assholes.

Vilnius on the contrary couldn't be more different.

This is starting to sound like that old Glasgow v Edinburgh thread. :lol:

Good news if they play in Vilnius, Kaunas is hell on earth, I can't make that bus journey again.

Never mind the bus journey, it's the steps to the stadium! I can't believe that place was allowed to host international football. It was amusing watching fans hike up the steps after a day on the sauce though.

I am sure it is 10% which means approximately

Slovakia 1130

Slovenia 1660

Lithuania 500

Malta 1700

Who thought Malta would have the biggest stadium of those 4 eh!

Poor if your someone like me on a couple of points doing all you can to rack em up!

Never mind the bus journey, it's the steps to the stadium! I can't believe that place was allowed to host international football. It was amusing watching fans hike up the steps after a day on the sauce though.

Aye, then the queue to get in bursting for a piss to then find there was no toilets and we had to go back outside the ground to use portacabin and then queue again to get back in.

Half the boys were just going against the wall at the back of the stand.

shite hole is being kind.

Slovan Bratislava's stadium is supposed to be getting rebuilt but I don't know the timescale...

According to Lubo Moravcik on sportsound he said it's a 20,000 capacity ground and will be ready for the qualifers.

Edit: Was beaten to it.

Edited by Dunty

Slovak friend has told me he is confident game will be in Trnava as there is a new stadium getting built there which is bigger than one in Zilina.

Says stadium in Bratislava has been held up due to locals kicking off about it and will not be ready in time.

Slovak friend has told me he is confident game will be in Trnava as there is a new stadium getting built there which is bigger than one in Zilina.

Says stadium in Bratislava has been held up due to locals kicking off about it and will not be ready in time.

Trnava would be better as it's only about half an hour from Bratislava. Decent sized town too...

Kaunas was a great place. The stadium was a shytehole right enough.

Eh, nah, its a complete and utter dump. Nearly as bad as Lochee.

Of all the places I've been to see Scotland play, Kaunas is far and beyond the worst place I've ever been to. An absolute grade A shitehole of a place inhabited by nasty obnoxious assholes.

Vilnius on the contrary couldn't be more different.

Spot on.

Kaunas is also, for me, the worst Scotland trip. The whole experience was completely out of step wi every trip before and since. The boorish, aggressive locals was the difference.

The tin lid in 2003 was losing to a sh1t team to a dodgy penalty on a snowbound terrace. The gloating locals on the way back down the hill. Riding about in their cars, tooting their horns and waving their flags, yelling abuse out of the windows. The folk in the streets trying to wind us up and provoke some bother. And the neo-Nazi home support at the u21 game in Vilnius wi their seig heils towards us. Their goalscorer Kucys running straight to us to noise us up in a game where it was laughable that we didn't win 4 or 5 -1, but ended up losing 2-1. It all added up to an unlovely whole.

In 2007, a rather quiet walk back down the same hill. Stitch that. Mikolauinas's shameless cheating in the return game kind of summed their team up for me. What a ---t.