How Much Will A Season Ticket Cost This Time!? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Much Will A Season Ticket Cost This Time!?

deso1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it's a very good point

The SFA will be absolutely delighted that we have drawn England

Takes everyone's eye off the ball which is the general state of Scottish Football including ticket prices et al

Stewart Regan & Broadfoot would have slept really well last night after cracking one off

Prepare to be fleeced left right and centre with very little in return

Will they gamble and wait to see if we qualify for France. If we do, then look out for an absolute wallet hammering exercise as they ride on the wave of excitement that will bring.

Either way, i don't think we will be seeing any home qualifying games in the North stand for less than £50 from now on. :worried:

People complaining about the price of tickets over a year before they go on sale!

Pretty sure its not regan & broadfoot's fault we drew england either.

Of course tickets will be more expensive if we qualify for France. The cost of football tickets has been proportionate to the success & quality of the team selling the tickets and the importance of the match for a long time. It's a simple case of supply and demand determining the cost of a product just like everything else in life. Would you rather we didn't qualify for France, stayed sh1t and the public lost interest just so ticket prices remained low?

Cheer up folks. Our national team is the best it's been for a long time and there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic at the moment. England at home in June 2017 is going to be magic!

Would you rather we didn't qualify for France, stayed sh1t and the public lost interest just so ticket prices remained low?

No. I'd prefer it if Regan and Broadfoot stopped trying to take advantage of my loyalty and set ticket prices to cover costs.

The ticket price increase for the current campaign was ridiculously steep and it still smarts.

I took the morale stand over pricing this season. Now down to 3points and only been to Ireland game (as it was my mothers birthday so I was back home). I am unlikely to buy a season ticket but what should have been a great campaign has been crap for me watching the games at home. From Gibraltar onwards I am back to doing what I want to do which is support Scotland. If I think a game is not appropriate value I will give it a miss but will take each game as it comes .

Yep, will be interesting to see how many actually turn up for Germany & Poland matches. I know Gibraltar undersold but that was more likely due to quality of opposition and difficulty of getting home on a Sunday evening (both uefa's fault?)

Don't have a league table of prices but I understand you can watch Dortmund for as little as £12. Unfortunately fans over here seem more willing (not happy though) to pay higher prices than the Germans etc regardless of quality, hence we get fleeced

Germany and poland will sell out. I would bet my life on that. I understand people are pissed off at the prices.as was I , but I feel this campaign has been worth every penny.

Edited by 1ANDYP

I think its been a marketing master stroke by the sfa. This qualification will go down to the last game, finals in France. Then next campaign a realistic finish of 2nd plus a 2 games v England. People will pay whatever price to be part of it

I think its been a marketing master stroke by the sfa. This qualification will go down to the last game, finals in France. Then next campaign a realistic finish of 2nd plus a 2 games v England. People will pay whatever price to be part of it

Might well mean a p£ay off match, too!

I'll be honest - I don't mind them raising the prices a wee bit, but when the prices came out for this qualifying campaign, I just thought, "Ah'm no goin'".

No. I'd prefer it if Regan and Broadfoot stopped trying to take advantage of my loyalty and set ticket prices to cover costs.

The ticket price increase for the current campaign was ridiculously steep and it still smarts.

Do people really think Darryl Broadfoot sets the ticket prices? He may try and defend them as any employee would have to do. I am sure Regan and the board would have to sign it off but I doubt he would even be involved too much.

Do people really think Darryl Broadfoot sets the ticket prices? He may try and defend them as any employee would have to do. I am sure Regan and the board would have to sign it off but I doubt he would even be involved too much.

Not that it matters too much, but I'd expect the Director of Communications to be part of the decision making process of ticket prices and to be advising colleagues and the board of the impact of certain decisions in traditional and social media.

Broadfoot has a position of influence, he isn't just a mouthpiece. But its not just him and Regan I have a problem with, its the SFA as a whole.