How Much Will A Season Ticket Cost This Time!? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Much Will A Season Ticket Cost This Time!?

deso1

People complaining about the price of tickets over a year before they go on sale!

Pretty sure its not regan & broadfoot's fault we drew england either.

Of course tickets will be more expensive if we qualify for France. The cost of football tickets has been proportionate to the success & quality of the team selling the tickets and the importance of the match for a long time. It's a simple case of supply and demand determining the cost of a product just like everything else in life. Would you rather we didn't qualify for France, stayed sh1t and the public lost interest just so ticket prices remained low?

Cheer up folks. Our national team is the best it's been for a long time and there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic at the moment. England at home in June 2017 is going to be magic!

Hi Darryl....

Edited by Angus_Young

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People complaining about the price of tickets over a year before they go on sale!

Pretty sure its not regan & broadfoot's fault we drew england either.

Of course tickets will be more expensive if we qualify for France. The cost of football tickets has been proportionate to the success & quality of the team selling the tickets and the importance of the match for a long time. It's a simple case of supply and demand determining the cost of a product just like everything else in life. Would you rather we didn't qualify for France, stayed sh1t and the public lost interest just so ticket prices remained low?

Cheer up folks. Our national team is the best it's been for a long time and there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic at the moment. England at home in June 2017 is going to be magic!

This is the problem, ticket prices are not low despite not qualifying for anything for the best part of 2 decades so people are understandable scared of what the price could be like with England in our qualifying group and on the back of making France next year

They should go back to categorising by rate of opponent, as done pre-Euro 2008 qualifying when the France game then gave the SFA the opportunity to put the prices up. It should be something like (based on North and South stands)...

England - maximum £50

Slovakia and Slovenia - maximum £35

Lithuania and Malta - maximum £25

However, I suspect that they will put the prices for all games at £50 per match, people will (rightly) moan but buy a season ticket anyway (as 8000+ did a year ago) to kill off any chance of making a firm statement.

I didn't buy the season ticket this time as I wasn't going to the NI waste of time game or the joke against Gibraltar. I've saved by picking and choosing my games this time and haven't felt like I'm missing out. If the price has been reduced (stop laughing) I'd consider it this time but I think I'll do the same this time around and just not go to a couple of games that are either dull, awkwardly timed or during the shitey weather.

Not one of the teams we'll be playing are reasons to get excited other than the England game, so the prices need to reflect this, otherwise it's just 2 fingers up to an overly loyal support.

If we do qualify for France then the fans should get a discount in the next qualifying campaign as the SFA make plenty of dosh from finals when we do get there.

I didn't buy the season ticket this time as I wasn't going to the NI waste of time game or the joke against Gibraltar. I've saved by picking and choosing my games this time and haven't felt like I'm missing out. If the price has been reduced (stop laughing) I'd consider it this time but I think I'll do the same this time around and just not go to a couple of games that are either dull, awkwardly timed or during the shitey weather.

Not one of the teams we'll be playing are reasons to get excited other than the England game, so the prices need to reflect this, otherwise it's just 2 fingers up to an overly loyal support.

If we do qualify for France then the fans should get a discount in the next qualifying campaign as the SFA make plenty of dosh from finals when we do get there.

Ditto,never purchased a season either and won't purchase one this time around either

Spot on mate, I did the same as you and also missed the same games. I actually only went to Georgia as the game was at Ibrox or I would have been leaving that as well.

I'll wait and see what they come up with this time. £150 for the season ticket would probably see me buy one. Anything more and it will be pick and choose again. Planning on doing every away game so saving a bit of cash will be no bad thing.

I can see the prices being more reasonable this time. The SFA were banking on Ireland, Poland and Germany selling out, or as close as possible to a sell out. They don't have that this time.

I've never had any interest in buying a season ticket.

I wasn't planning on renewing my SSC membership, but I suppose I reluctantly will as I'll probably want to go to the England game (although I can't be bothered with all the non-football nonsense that'll no doubt get laid on thick). Regan & co. must be pissing themselves.

Edited by Charlie Endell

They should perhaps consider some kind of 'early bird' offer at an average of, say, 40 quid a ticket plus a free friendly (still excessive imo but the current rates are unlikely to reduce). I may consider something like that but otherwise I suspect I'll pay game by game as I have this campaign.

Was the increase in the season ticket also not due to having games at Celtic Park and Ibrox, due to the commonwealth games? With no such issue this time, I'd be surprised if the season ticket was as expensive.

With all the games taking place at Hampden, common sense should prevail... Oh wait a minute....

I don't remember us getting ripped off for playing at Ibrox and Parkhead in the past.

The main reason for the hike was mentioned on here before. The SFA marketing team had been given commitments to boost revenue by a % that I can't recall, but it was significant.

Edited by Toepoke