How Much Will A Season Ticket Cost This Time!? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Much Will A Season Ticket Cost This Time!?

deso1

I don't remember us getting ripped off for playing at Ibrox and Parkhead in the past.

The main reason for the hike was mentioned on here before. The SFA marketing team had been given commitments to boost revenue by a % that I can't recall, but it was significant.

Regan muttered something in the press at the time about the costs for extra security needed for Ibrox and Celtic Park......

I suspect there will be a price freeze this time around (though they will try a price Slovakia and Slovenia like its a draw on the level of Ireland and Poland..... plus Malta are actually in FIFA, so can say "this is what we charged for Gibraltar who are not in FIFA, so we are giving you the same deal for Malta who are in FIFA.... isn't that kind of us?"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont recall a massive (if any) change in pricing from 2008(ish) to this campaign when there was a massive increase. Given the press and noise about it and being unable to sell out our most important games this campaign i dont see an increase.

i dont recall a massive (if any) change in pricing from 2008(ish) to this campaign when there was a massive increase. Given the press and noise about it and being unable to sell out our most important games this campaign i dont see an increase.

That's just it though. Unless there is a reduction I think a lot of punters will take the same stance this time around.

North stand should be no more than £165 IMO. £45 for England with the others £30.

I think they would see a big increase in season ticket sales pricing it at that. I fully expect them to be £200 plus however.

The ticket prices will defiantly go up because it's a World Cup qualifier not just euro they know we will buy the tickets look at this campaign can't see England tickets going for any less than £50 for cheap seats and at least £35 for other games we had a chance to boycott games this campaign but didn't take that opportunity and with our last two home games of this campaign being a sell out there is only one way ticket prices will go for wc games

Edited by blackcountry jock

That's where we differ.Having served my time some 40+ years following Scotland there comes a time when ripping the pish ticket price wise you have to make a stance and £32 for a game against the likes of Gib is ripping the pish.The whole debacle surrounding the season ticket guaranteeing this and that was a piss take also.We are no longer seen as supporters but cash cows.We see wages frozen some even cut yet ticket prices continue to rise

If supporters continue to fork out prices will continue to go up

Edited by Langtonian

Football is not a value for money product. The cost has increased every year but the quality of the entertainment has reduced considerably.

The fact that the facilities at Hampden are pish too doesn't help. You can't buy food without queuing for an eternity and missing some of the game you've paid to watch. You can't go to the toilet unless you want dysentery and your miles from the pitch.

Having said that Ibrox is just as bad other than the distance to the pitch and I still buy tickets for there.......

They should take a leaf out of Bayern Munichs season ticket prices which start off at £104

Part of the reason they can not is they say UEFA changed the rating of the North Stand.... SFA had it as a Cat B price bracket, but UEFA said due to the view you are getting, it should be a Cat A pricing (which the South Stand is).

I questioned them on this as the key word they used was "UEFA", and said would that mean under FIFA ruling the price would be different for the World Cup (the question caught them off guard, as they did not know the answer)

Part of the reason they can not is they say UEFA changed the rating of the North Stand.... SFA had it as a Cat B price bracket, but UEFA said due to the view you are getting, it should be a Cat A pricing (which the South Stand is).

I questioned them on this as the key word they used was "UEFA", and said would that mean under FIFA ruling the price would be different for the World Cup (the question caught them off guard, as they did not know the answer)

UEFA set the category NOT the price.