Current Ssc Away Points - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Current Ssc Away Points

Argentina78

Sorry but that's nonsense.I wish folk would stop assuming it's not hard to get on the ladder or no excuse not to

There are many married,kids,mortgage,poorly paid jobs,no jobs so effort has diddly squat y do with it

Edited by Langtonian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but that's nonsense.I wish folk would stop assuming it's not hard to get on the ladder or no excuse not to

There are many married,kids,mortgage,poorly paid jobs,no jobs so effort has diddly squat y do with it

I was referring to those who moan about there not being opportunities to get on the ladder because of the perception that all away tickets go the some sort of "elite" first. That's just not the case.

Of course things like work, wives, kids, mortgages, etc can get in the way. I know that only too well.

It's not hard, it's all down to choice.

It's not hard as has been proven many times.

If you want to get on it,you will,if you want to moan about not having any points when there's a big game that you can't get a ticket,well that's just tough shit.

People choose various ways of life.

I've got a missus,3 kids,a house to look after,a wedding to pay for next etc,etc.

I have points just now,but if I don't have enough for big games next campaign,that's entirely down to me changing my preferences.

No one else's fault but my own.

There is still 2 very easy points on the list,if people chose not to go,then so be it,but you can't pick and choose when you fancy and see people going every game losing out.

It's not hard as has been proven many times.

If you want to get on it,you will,if you want to moan about not having any points when there's a big game that you can't get a ticket,well that's just tough shit.

People choose various ways of life.

I've got a missus,3 kids,a house to look after,a wedding to pay for next etc,etc.

I have points just now,but if I don't have enough for big games next campaign,that's entirely down to me changing my preferences.

No one else's fault but my own.

There is still 2 very easy points on the list,if people chose not to go,then so be it,but you can't pick and choose when you fancy and see people going every game losing out.

It is hard for some for reasons I have cited and which you agreed on previously.Not a case of if you want to get on with it, you will.I,m pretty sure before someone gets married,buys a house,has kids,buys a car thinks beforehand,nah cant do that,if i do will struggle to get on the points ladder and get tickets for scotland games some time in the future.

This its easy to get on the ladder,no excuses comes up regularly when away games come around,no doubt it is for some but sometimes we have to accept it isn,t for others for many reasons

It is hard for some for reasons I have cited and which you agreed on previously.Not a case of if you want to get on with it, you will.I,m pretty sure before someone gets married,buys a house,has kids,buys a car thinks beforehand,nah cant do that,if i do will struggle to get on the points ladder and get tickets for scotland games some time in the future.

This its easy to get on the ladder,no excuses comes up regularly when away games come around,no doubt it is for some but sometimes we have to accept it isn,t for others for many reasons

Life isn't fair.

But the fairest way to distribute tickets for away games when demand exceeds supply is to reward the fans who have been to most of the last 10 away games.

Unless you've got a fairer solution for distributing tickets for over-subscribed matches - you're just posting for the sake of posting.

Life isn't fair.

But the fairest way to distribute tickets for away games when demand exceeds supply is to reward the fans who have been to most of the last 10 away games.

Unless you've got a fairer solution for distributing tickets for over-subscribed matches - you're just posting for the sake of posting.

Agree. I have been there - like many others - you've booked your travel and accommodation, but can't get a ticket due to a lack of points (I had just joined the SSC so had zero). To add to the frustration, you get a ticket through unofficial channels, spent all that money following your team, but you are no better off points wise for the next away game. It's not a great position to be in, but seeing the wood from the trees, the points system is the fairest way of doing it.

I have a reasonable number of away points now, which should mean I can get a ticket for most away games. But I know that these will start to take a hit, with changes in personal circumstances. Will I feel as equally entitled to an away ticket as a 9 or 10 pointer, when I hit 0 or 1 points? Nope. Will I feel hacked off at not getting an official ticket (and away point)? Yup. But that's my problem, not the SFA's, other fans etc.

Edited by EIFA10

Life isn't fair.

Eh,where have I disagreed wih ticket distribution?The system in place is the best and fairest ,one that actually benefits me.I,m merely pointing out that contrary to the belief of some who think its easy or there are no reasons/exuses for many not being able to get on/up the ladder/acrue points when it actually is,so you continue posting for the sake of posting or read posts first before responding

Eh,where have I disagreed wih ticket distribution?The system in place is the best and fairest ,one that actually benefits me.I,m merely pointing out that contrary to the belief of some who think its easy or there are no reasons/exuses for many not being able to get on/up the ladder/acrue points when it actually is,so you continue posting for the sake of posting or read posts first before responding

I fully agree with your posts mate..

Times are hard mate.

I do think though that when people post about how easy it is they are referring to people who continually complain how unfair it is every time a big game comes along where tickets are difficult to get.

then we get the posts claiming tickets should be first come first served, that home games should count towards away games and suggesting just about any scheme that suits their own circumstances.

As has been said it is about choice. The points system is by far the best and fairest way to allocate tickets.

Yes it is the fairest way of course.

But its not easy when you are a big Scotland fan with a family who are as well !!!

Then you have people on this board bragging how much money they may have or maybe a wind up either way it dosent make it easier to get tickets for the family.

Yes its not easy.

I see your point obviously...

I surely dont need to tell you that its very expensive to buy a membership for four people and buy tickets then go to away games. ???

If away games are prohibitively expensive then you don't actually need any points.

I see your point obviously...

I surely dont need to tell you that its very expensive to buy a membership for four people and buy tickets then go to away games. ???

But that's where you sacrifice something else in your life so you can go to the games.

When I was going to away games as regularly as I could, I never had a lads holiday,week off work for the sake of it,weekends away with the bird etc because I wanted to use my holidays and cash for away games.

I sacrificed nights out so I could pay for a trip,I don't do it as often now as I have other responsibilities,so I sacrifice the games for my children's sake,to make sure they are catered for.

You can't have everything is this life and if all you want is tickets for the big games,then it's simply not possible many of the times.

Ps

I'm sure I heard you could get a megabus for about a tenner for the England/Nigeria games.

Factor in the price of a ticket,you're still less than £50.

Take a packed lunch with you,few quid for food/drinks there and you could do probably 2 away games for less than £200.

That's an easy way to gather up points required,so in conclusion...........

Yes,it's easy to get on the ladder. You just have to want to commit to it and realise you may have to miss out on something else.

I managed to do the Ireland game for not much. Flight out Sat morning was £28, flight back straight after was £8, 10 euro airport bus in Dublin, airport parking was £15 and didn't drink as I had the car.

Did it to get to the game of course but also to keep my points up. Had been away in Poland, and two stag doo abroad in within the year of my daughter being born so only I (well the wife) could justify it was keeping costs and time away to a minimum. If there's a will there's a way.

It is really difficult to work out what points will be needed. Before the 1st away game we have the following games/potential games:

Sep - Georgia

Oct - Gibraltar

Nov - play off or potentially 0, 1 or 2 away games

March - home or away game

May/June pre tournament games/tour

June - potential finals in France

September - home or away on no game before Malta

So depending on games there could be up to 10 new away games before Malta.

We might have 7 games in France if we get all the way to the final. :wink2: