Ssc Renewal? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal?

glesgadan

I did not renew my membership last time as I knew I wouldnae be in a position to go to any games.

Now I know I will be ok for the next couple of years but noticed that membership is full.

What are the chances of getting a membership next year?

Will this be harder than usual because England are in the group?

There will always be some people who don't renew.

Half the membership are in it for home games, but the 2018 games(except England) are hardly crowd pullers.

The week of football doesn't help either.

Saying that renewing in January gets you the chance of Euro 16 tickets.

Edited by scottincarlisle

I would say that it is going to be pretty hard. The SFA SSC page states that in 2010/2011 they reached 35,000 members, which is the maximum number the club can accept while continuing to guarantee each member a ticket. I can't see them changing that stance. They actually have 35,103 members, right now, if you add up the away points table.

There will be a renewal period, during which members for this campaign will be guaranteed their spot (if they pay up of course). I expect the majority will renew, considering the high spirits at the moment and the prospect of 2 competitive games against England ahead. If we qualify for the Euros then that will obviously increase the chances of renewals.

There will undoubtedly be some people that don't renew for whatever reason, but you'll then have a huge demand for those spots. I'm not sure if you can register your interest now, or need to wait until the spots are opened up to the public.

I have no evidence to back this up, but I suspect they will increase the membership fee for the next campaign. Maybe to £60 or more. There was no increase last time and if you selected "auto renewal", they just state that you "will be notified when the appropriate fee will be deducted from your credit/debit card". If they planned on keeping the fee the same, they might have mentioned it here.

Have they ever sold a home game to all 35000 members?

I never went to all the home games as I live in England and was difficult wi work.

There will always be a percentage of people no takin up the offer of a ticket.

If half are in it for home games, do you think they'll ever do a 2 tier membership?

There will always be some people who don't renew.

Half the membership are in it for home games, but the 2018 games(except England) are hardly crowd pullers.

The week of football doesn't help either.

Saying that renewing in January gets you the chance of Euro 16 tickets.

Should we qualify, I think it's pretty safe to say that any new members will have zero chance of getting finals tickets through the SFA.

I never thought about finals tickets. I wouldnae expect to get any because of the points situation. Just need a membership to be given the option to get some points. However it looks with the group we've drawn this is going to be incredibly difficult.

I never thought about finals tickets. I wouldnae expect to get any because of the points situation. Just need a membership to be given the option to get some points. However it looks with the group we've drawn this is going to be incredibly difficult.

If we were to qualify, then I would expect that points counting towards the finals will be counted up to and including the last qualifying game, ie either the Gibraltar game or a playoff.

While the points system wasn't in place the last time we qualified - France 98 - there is a precedent as ticket allocation was based on attendance at the qualifiers.

I'd expect that the matches in the finals would *not* count to away points for the 2018 campaign but any friendlies will do and if we qualify there will probably be more of those than if we didn't.

With the opening game in Malta likely to be open to all members, with that and a couple of friendlies then you should be able to get a Wembley ticket.

If there's space for new members but oversubscribed, does anyone know how they decide? Is it a ballot? Will being a member previously and a history of going to games be taken into account?

First come first served after renewal period, make sure that you have expressed an interest to join and that you sign up for e-mail notifications.