Gibraltar Attendance - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar Attendance

Redondo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the team wont need our support to beat the likes of gib.

hope the stadium is half empty only to show the sfa we wont be taken for mugs when it comes to ticket prices

personally will be going to the pub to watch it where I,ll spend a fraction of what it would cost me for a ticket,transport and a few sherbets

This was a game I was going to miss alongside tonight's England game! However sitting at work I am gutted I am missing tonight's game but I refuse to pay £50-60 for a friendly that come half-time will be over as a competitive contest with the endless subs that will undoubtedly happen.

However with the feel good factor back with Scotland and so far the qualifiers going well I see this as an excellent opportunity to go along to the game and watch Scotland win comfortably and bang in a few goals...touch wood! It is also an opportunity to blood new Scotland fans and hopefully bring a couple of younger members of the family along to enjoy the game being on a Sunday evening.

This may be a game I end up going along to as much as I want to resist!

Just read on fb that 10,000 tickets will b given out to youth groups and they are just finalising plans in next couple weeks to season ticket holders for gib game as a thank you got there support..... Reading between the lines the sfa know they screwed up so you will probably find they will reduce prices and give st holders either some money back or a discount on future purchases but only time will tell

Cause the game is on a Sunday rather than a working day...

Really don't get what church has got to do with the game.

My point was regarding the fact that because it was a Sunday night game, there is limited public transport, people travelling long distance (I.e. Aberdeen and Inverness) wouldn't get home til the early hours of the morning and would probably have to take the Monday off as a result, therefore that's the hassle for people.

Pretty obvious season ticket holders will be given free tickets for a friendly in March once they finalise the details with the opponents. Gibraltar tickets will be reduced for everyone else.

They already rejected that proposal as not "viable" when ATAC proposed a free friendly added on for purchase of season tickets.

They need to do something, the Georgia attendance should have made them realise that if they charge the same for Gibraltar that it'll be a worse attendance and there have been more complaints to them in the aftermath of Georgia.

Really don't get what church has got to do with the game.

My point was regarding the fact that because it was a Sunday night game, there is limited public transport, people travelling long distance (I.e. Aberdeen and Inverness) wouldn't get home til the early hours of the morning and would probably have to take the Monday off as a result, therefore that's the hassle for people.

Not really.

The game is at 5pm.

The last train to Aberdeen is at 9:45pm.

That's 3 hours from full time until the last train.

The usual problem with getting to Glasgow from 'up North' for Sunday games is that there are no early trains.

5pm on a Sunday is by far the 'best' time for a Scotland game in Glasgow if Saturday 3pm is somehow unavailable.

Really the whole kick off time and day is out of the SFA hands, given UEFA now pick the dates and kick off times (UEFA could very easily have given us the late kick off time on a Sunday for the Gibraltar game)

I think we get to select the KO time but not the date. I'm sure I read somewhere that this is the case.

Northern Ireland is what I've heard. Can see them doing a 2 mach package for £50 for the Gibraltar & NI (if that's who it is) games & giving ST holders the NI game for £10-£15 :ok:

Northern Ireland story starting to gather some pace today.............