Gibraltar Attendance - Page 5 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar Attendance

Redondo

No you just give the money to the opposition FA but you still get your precious point eh?

The opposition FA aren't continuously trying to exploit my loyalty, neither are the budget airlines nor the budget accommodation I book.

The SFA say the current ticket prices are competitive - I strongly disagree. So I'm picking and choosing which games I think are worth the minimum £32. Gibraltar and England aren't worth what they're charging in my opinion - you seem to have a problem with that.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a snobbish post! £100 is a lot of money and that's before other factors such as travel, food and drink etc.

I'm not sure it's really fair for folk to add stuff like food and programmes etc when posting things like this.

I am assuming most of the people will have food to eat on a matchday whether or not they actually go to the game or not.

As for programmes etc, nobody is forcing anyone to buy them. Infact, the vast majority of people don't.

This is one game I'm actually looking forward too. Our first international against a brand new 'country'. And I don't think its gonna be as easy as we think, Scotland will do it Scotland style and win with a last minute goal.

I havent been to a home game since Australia friendly at Easter road

I'm with everyone else though on the SFA money grabber thing however

No you just give the money to the opposition FA but you still get your precious point eh?

Well said noctonjock,goozay you must have very little going on in your life other than to whinge about sfa.yes ticket prices are horrendous but at least some of that £90 would go to Scottish football but you would obviously prefer it to go to some airline and another country's fa.get a fkn life son.

I am sure the SFA won't make the same mistake again. They must know they have messed up by the back lash from fans and media. There is nothing that will be done during this campaign so boycott is meaningless.I am sure we have got the point across. I will be there,

Edited by Doric

Well said noctonjock,goozay you must have very little going on in your life other than to whinge about sfa.yes ticket prices are horrendous but at least some of that £90 would go to Scottish football but you would obviously prefer it to go to some airline and another country's fa.get a fkn life son.

Ahem.

It's my 90 quid! I can do what the feck I like with it.

I've already paid the inflated, rip-off membership fee, the inflated rip-off ticket price for Georgia and Ireland at home. Will probably pay the "horrendous" prices for Germany and Poland at home where I will CHOOSE to go to the West Stand because the North Stand is too expensive.

So I'm already giving too much of my hard-earned to the SFA as it is.

The more folk that go to these games and pay the ridiculous prices the more likely the SFA are to just keep doing what they're doing.

Every game in this group is crucial, I don't see the benefit of boycotting at all. If one was to occur it would only have a negative effect on the team, get right behind the boys & actually support them.

I'm raging at the prices & have got my point across to SFA on a number of occasions but boycotting isn't the answer. Also the fact that Gibraltar is the game of choice? Hardly puts a point across always gonna be the lowest home turnout due to it being not so prestigious opponents. If folk want to make a statement why not have Hampden empty for the arrival of world champions that would be more effective but of course not they'll all be rushing back.

Support the team on the park not the men in blazers!!

• 3 weeks later...

England at CP was the game to boycott.

Unfortunately the veto of the England game which was carried out by MANY regular TA had little or no effect on the attendance as there was plenty " Big game " fans willing to take thier place.

The beating of Ireland and the subsequent " free NI" ticket offer for the season ticket holders or as part of a new package id the closest we are going to get to an apology from the SFA. They have got the ticket pricing wrong and they know it. Lets hope they have learned for future campaigns.

"little or no effect on the attendance".....YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!!!

49,000....11,000 SHORT of a sell out against England [over 500,000 quid...wonder whose bonus wasn`t paid efter that fiasco]

Due to the amount of stay away fans ( regulars) they did well to get that attendance.

As i said alot of big game only fans ( public sale) would have attended the england game, the same fans who wont turn up against gibraltar. Hence why they are giving away several thousands of tickets to school kids.