God Save The Queen! - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

God Save The Queen!

Hirta_1976

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like every National Anthem I will give it the respect it deserves

Fair enough if it was "like every other National Anthem" but it's not. This anthem is officially OURS as much as it is theirs ( a bit like the pound ;)) and so we can boo it without anyone saying that we are being disrespectful. Its ours to boo :wink2:

Love the Star Wars idea....Please make this happen. :ok:

Edited by Kebab Shop Dancer

Surely only 45% are entitled to boo?

Had to point out to a comitted Royalist at work down here that even with Independence the Queen would still be our Queen. Queen Elizebeth the First of Scotland, as Scotland has only ever had one Queen Elizabeth.

There seems to be confusion that there are two crowns, which were united before the Act of Union.

J

Fair enough if it was "like every other National Anthem" but it's not. This anthem is officially OURS as much as it is theirs ( a bit like the pound ;)) and so we can boo it without anyone saying that we are being disrespectful. Its ours to boo :wink2:

Love the Star Wars idea....Please make this happen. :ok:

i will give it the respect it deserves

some anthems deserve respect

some don't

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I won't boo it.

Instead, I'll be shouting "Fück the Royals." :)

I remember in 2008 on the way to Hampden for our game against Northern Ireland, listening on the radio to that Euan Cameron saying how we shouldn't boo GSTQ because "thats our anthem and our queen too" :wave:.

The sheer outrage from the sash bashers phoning in to agree with him was :lol:.

He said it was being encouraged and organised by "users of a certain, popular, Scotland fans forum." :-))

never have and never will boo another nations national anthem. Booed GSTQ plenty when it was 'ours' but England are free to have any song they want played as their anthem.

Yep. Even if it is a bit superior of then to use the British anthem. But, it's their anthem. They can choose what they like.