Aberdeen And Hearts.. Who's Bigger? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen And Hearts.. Who's Bigger?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note, Aberdeen have the biggest stadium, but hearts probably the most fans, Aberdeen have had the biggest achievements and in my lifetime are head and shoulders above hearts, who are a good bit in front of hibs.

Taking out the old firm, who's next?

Probably a load of teams pretty close? Dundee, Dundee United, Motherwell, Killie.

If you are going by stadium size and trophies then the only other club in double figures for major trophies are Queen's Park so they are the 5th biggest behind the old firm, Aberdeen and Hearts

If you are going by stadium size and trophies then the only other club in double figures for major trophies are Queen's Park so they are the 5th biggest behind the old firm, Aberdeen and Hearts

Those criteria make Vale of Leven and Renton bigger clubs than St Johnstone and Partick Thistle. So clearly correct.

I didn't realise Hearts had more leagues and Scottish Cups than Aberdeen. It's only the Cup Winners Vase that could maybe give Aberdeen the edge. A tie I would say.

Those criteria make Vale of Leven and Renton bigger clubs than St Johnstone and Partick Thistle. So clearly correct.

I didn't realise Hearts had more leagues and Scottish Cups than Aberdeen. It's only the Cup Winners Vase that could maybe give Aberdeen the edge. A tie I would say.

I wasn't being entirely serious

Hearts are 300 points ahead of Aberdeen in the all time league table and 659 ahead of Hibs.

I think that answers the question. ?

With regards to fan base i'd say that Hearts have a lager regular, more loyal fan base. Where as Aberdeen have a larger latent support who'll only turn out now and again (eg 50k at the League Cup Final). This is no doubt borne from the 80's, when folk were drawn towards Aberdeen in the same way that kids will be drawn towards Celtic just now.

Hearts are 300 points ahead of Aberdeen in the all time league table and 659 ahead of Hibs.

I think that answers the question. ?

That all time league title should join the Tennents 6's on your honours list.

With regards to fan base i'd say that Hearts have a lager regular, more loyal fan base. Where as Aberdeen have a larger latent support who'll only turn out now and again (eg 50k at the League Cup Final). This is no doubt borne from the 80's, when folk were drawn towards Aberdeen in the same way that kids will be drawn towards Celtic just now.

50k at the league cup was desperation wasn't it? Much like Utd taking 29,000 to the Scottish Cup in 2010.

Aberdeen have a much bigger away support and if Hearts have a few seasons of mediocre shiteyness without the threat of administration I don't doubt for a minute they will drop to below 10,000 fans.Did Hearts ever get above that figure before Romanov if they were playing a diddy team ?

I think that answers the question.

Those points should be stripped - many were "earned" during a period of financial doping....... :D

Aberdeen have a much bigger away support and if Hearts have a few seasons of mediocre shiteyness without the threat of administration I don't doubt for a minute they will drop to below 10,000 fans.Did Hearts ever get above that figure before Romanov if they were playing a diddy team ?

Yes hearts were averaging 14-15k in the late nineties and over 12k in the few years before Romanov.

2012 cup final result.

Although financial doping or not it was the Scottish cup!!!!! We could have fielded our ladies side and hibs would still not have won.

I know what it is!! Just wasn't sure why he brought it up....

Hearing reports McGinn is a doubt for Saturday. Based on our last two performances, we will be completely lost without him. I'm hoping it's just mind games and he's ok.

Yes hearts were averaging 14-15k in the late nineties and over 12k in the few years before Romanov.

I forgot that was the pieman/STV era where you nearly went bust as well before *cough* Romanov took over. I'm 45 and the only time since I was born where Hearts have been what you would class as a "big team" they have been a financial basket case.They've cheated their way to being a disputed third biggest team in Scotland.

TBF Hearts have won more second tier Championships than Aberdeen so that might give them the edge

I forgot that was the pieman/STV era where you nearly went bust as well before *cough* Romanov took over. I'm 45 and the only time since I was born where Hearts have been what you would class as a "big team" they have been a financial basket case.They've cheated their way to being a disputed third biggest team in Scotland.

TBF Hearts have won more second tier Championships than Aberdeen so that might give them the edge

Hearts had a lot of good seasons in the mid to late 80s and early 90s under Mercer including few second places.

And we never nearly went bust before Romanov, we nearly sold tynecastle to pay off the debt.

Are you just making this up as you go along?

I know what it is!! Just wasn't sure why he brought it up....

Hearing reports McGinn is a doubt for Saturday. Based on our last two performances, we will be completely lost without him. I'm hoping it's just mind games and he's ok.

I was hoping that him coming off on Saturday was mainly a precaution as he had only just trained on the Friday last week.

Hearts had a lot of good seasons in the mid to late 80s and early 90s under Mercer including few second places.

And we never nearly went bust before Romanov, we nearly sold tynecastle to pay off the debt.

Are you just making this up as you go along?

Dons were alright in the 80's.

Never won the Tennents 6's.