Locke - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC reporting that Killie are to hold talks with annoying manchild Billy Davies

Divisive, paranoid, toxic, IMO he breeds a terrible culture at a club. He doesn't care about investing in the future, any community activities or any engagement with the 1st team by non-1st team staff or players. Doesn't like reserve teams for example.

He will create an unbelievable siege mentality in the dressing room, he will make Killie hard to beat and I think if they take him on, he will keep Kilmarnock up and get United relegated. But for more than say 6 months at a club, the players eventually become exhausted and weary as there is only so much good you can do convincing people that everyone is against you. Players then become sapped by the negativity of his approach. And his substitutions and approach to player selection is often baffling - too much rotation if players don't score every week for example, or bringing all his subs on when the game is lost with 10 minutes to go. But the players will be really well prepared and his dossiers and pre-match work is second to none; try and find an interview with BBC East Midlands Today where Natalie Jackson goes to interview him in Glasgow (his house has an unbelievable media editing suite where he would analyse games for days on end post-match and pre-next game).

I hope I am wrong and he has taken the time out the game to mellow and be less nippy sweetie but I suspect he has still several life grudges from his time at Forest.

God help anyone if his cousin gets involved at the club...........as he was at Forest. Billy Davies is just a very very strange wee guy. And wasn't anywhere near the player his brother John was.

Divisive, paranoid, toxic, IMO he breeds a terrible culture at a club. He doesn't care about investing in the future, any community activities or any engagement with the 1st team by non-1st team staff or players. Doesn't like reserve teams for example.

He will create an unbelievable siege mentality in the dressing room, he will make Killie hard to beat and I think if they take him on, he will keep Kilmarnock up and get United relegated. But for more than say 6 months at a club, the players eventually become exhausted and weary as there is only so much good you can do convincing people that everyone is against you. Players then become sapped by the negativity of his approach. And his substitutions and approach to player selection is often baffling - too much rotation if players don't score every week for example, or bringing all his subs on when the game is lost with 10 minutes to go. But the players will be really well prepared and his dossiers and pre-match work is second to none; try and find an interview with BBC East Midlands Today where Natalie Jackson goes to interview him in Glasgow (his house has an unbelievable media editing suite where he would analyse games for days on end post-match and pre-next game).

I hope I am wrong and he has taken the time out the game to mellow and be less nippy sweetie but I suspect he has still several life grudges from his time at Forest.

God help anyone if his cousin gets involved at the club...........as he was at Forest. Billy Davies is just a very very strange wee guy. And wasn't anywhere near the player his brother John was.

banged baws wi tommy sheridan, weirdo

Always thought he was a pretty good manager but also a wee nyaff.

His last job turned fairly sour though - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/24/billy-davies-nippy-sweetie-nottingham-forest

Kris Boyd's only decent spell in England was under Davies at Forest. Said he was the best coach he'd played under. Still hold out hope of Boyd coming good again.

Divisive, paranoid, toxic, IMO he breeds a terrible culture at a club. He doesn't care about investing in the future, any community activities or any engagement with the 1st team by non-1st team staff or players.

The Killie fans are used to that after putting up with Michael Johnston for years.

Wouldn't be disappointed with him getting the job, any proven manager would be better than our last couple...

Has Billy Davies commented on whether Billy Davies would be interested in the job?

Ah, yes BD has previously displayed tremendous third person reference skills on numerous occasions. He - like Kanye West - talks of himself in almost ethereal and conceptual terms as if he is of a different plane.

He will also - if crossed - ban more people from the football club than you can imagine. If he takes on Killie - it could make golden showers look like mere gnats pish in terms of gossip.