Leicester - What A Team This Year - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester - What A Team This Year

On 4 April 2016 at 0:25 PM, sbcmfc said:

In another season with Chelsea starting in august rather than February, city playing until May instead of January, Man united and Liverpool being a bit more consistent... Leicester might've made a plucky effort to break into the top 4 and got a Europa league place. They've been in the right place at the right time to an extent.

Still a great achievement and hope they can finish it off! (I must admit, i expected the bubble to burst, but can't see it now.)

I am interested to note you have missed Arsenal off the list of other top teams. To me this should have been their year. They finally managed to sign a decent keeper, albeit only after he wrote them a begging letter, and this was the year they kicked on. As such it looks like they are settling for fourth place again, if they are lucky.

Clearly this is very rich coming from a Chelsea fan but if anyone has any idea where it all went wrong for us this year, please let me know as i am donald ducked if I know. Talking about a team winning a title with few players, has there ever been such case where a top team, champions even, imploded to the degree we have. Its going to be a long way back as well.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

You've got to acknowledge how amazing a season it's been for Tottenham too.

The fact that by early April the league could only be won by Leicester or Spurs is pretty unbelievable in the scheme of things...

I heard a stat the other day said that in the 24 seasons of the EPL Spurs have only been top of the league for a total of 33 days.  

15 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

Talking about a team winning a title with few players, has there ever been such case where a top team, champions even, imploded to the degree we have. Its going to be a long way back as well.

I know Man City were relegated as defending champions. Was back in the 1930s though...

21 minutes ago, joecraigfanclub said:

I am interested to note you have missed Arsenal off the list of other top teams. To me this should have been their year. They finally managed to sign a decent keeper, albeit only after he wrote them a begging letter, and this was the year they kicked on. As such it looks like they are settling for fourth place again, if they are lucky.

Clearly this is very rich coming from a Chelsea fan but if anyone has any idea where it all went wrong for us this year, please let me know as i am donald ducked if I know. Talking about a team winning a title with few players, has there ever been such case where a top team, champions even, imploded to the degree we have. Its going to be a long way back as well.

It wasn't an exhaustive list.

:lol:

Arsenal will have to be disappointed, they had a real chance with the teams they usually finish behind all off the boil.

It does seem the limit of their ambition is to win the right to get knocked out the last 16 of the champions league the following season.

:lol:

24 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I heard a stat the other day said that in the 24 seasons of the EPL Spurs have only been top of the league for a total of 33 days.  

I saw one today, haven't went and checked it out, that Leicester have only been behind for 47 minutes in league games since some date in October.

44 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

You've got to acknowledge how amazing a season it's been for Tottenham too.

The fact that by early April the league could only be won by Leicester or Spurs is pretty unbelievable in the scheme of things...

Its great,  makes it so much more interesting, everyone wants Leicester to win really.

Guest allyc

I don't.I hate Leicester City and would gladly see them blow it in the run in.how long to we see the first Leicester City tops being worn in Scotland??

18 minutes ago, allyc said:

.how long to we see the first Leicester City tops being worn in Scotland??

Surprised there's not some already.

At my school there were a few boys had Notts Forest tops. Doubt there will be many of those on display these days!

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Surprised there's not some already.

At my school there were a few boys had Notts Forest tops. Doubt there will be many of those on display these days!

Aye there were a few in the 70's wearing Leeds Utd tops as well

I believe   

6 hours ago, joecraigfanclub said:

Talking about a team winning a title with few players, has there ever been such case where a top team, champions even, imploded to the degree we have. Its going to be a long way back as well.

Rangers won the league in 2011 and a couple of years later they were in the 4th division (whatever it was called at the time).;)

10 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Rangers won the league in 2011 and a couple of years later they were in the 4th division (whatever it was called at the time).;)

So definitely the same team then, cheers for clearing that up! :wink2:

The List

Orraloon

Edited by Fairbairn

On 12/04/2016 at 6:43 PM, allyc said:

I don't.I hate Leicester City and would gladly see them blow it in the run in.how long to we see the first Leicester City tops being worn in Scotland??

Haha fair doos, i think its a great change :)

On 12/04/2016 at 6:43 PM, allyc said:

50 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Someone has to win it, they are the lesser of many evils. 

Why would any Scottish person hate Leicester ?

Indifference etc fair enough, but I'm not sure why they would generate any hate in Scotland ?

15 minutes ago, fringo said:

Why would any Scottish person hate Leicester ?

Indifference etc fair enough, but I'm not sure why they would generate any hate in Scotland ?

I'm assuming someone from Leceister pumped his bird at some point!

If anyone here seriously doesn't like Leicester because 1-2 of those previous managers then it does sum up the sad state of affairs of west coast Scotland and it's bigotry.

I'm happily assuming that can't be a real reason though (la,la,la,la)