Today's Games - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, fringo said:

Why did he drop 7 players ?! Extreme confidence ?

Games are coming thick and fast it goes Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday then the final. Take into account the last few weeks have been tough

We have a big squad so Stubbs is utilising it as he sees fit

36 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Games are coming thick and fast it goes Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday then the final. Take into account the last few weeks have been tough

We have a big squad so Stubbs is utilising it as he sees fit

Still seems drastic to me - not about Hibs - but about so many clubs doing this now (especially in England) and usually severely weakening their teams.

5 minutes ago, fringo said:

Still seems drastic to me - not about Hibs - but about so many clubs doing this now (especially in England) and usually severely weakening their teams.

Players get tired and can't hack it nowadays. They should try working at least 35 hours a week for sweeties compared to what they are on just now 

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Players get tired and can't hack it nowadays. They should try working at least 35 hours a week for sweeties compared to what they are on just now 

I just don't get it either. They are supposedly fit young guys and can't manage 2 games a week.

Pellegrini (who I think is a good guy) trying to justify his team selection today ahead of game in Ukraine 4 days from now.

I mentioned earlier Hull changing 9-10 players to play Arsenal in FA Cup ?! :blink: (If I've got my facts right).

14 hours ago, fringo said:

I just don't get it either. They are supposedly fit young guys and can't manage 2 games a week.

Pellegrini (who I think is a good guy) trying to justify his team selection today ahead of game in Ukraine 4 days from now.

I can kind of understand Pelligrini's decision.  13/14 fit 1st team players as of last Friday with 3 big games in a week  - a fitfh round cup game, a CL last 16 game (the furthest the team have ever got is this round) and a cup final.

The Chelsea game was always going to be a tough game & certainly not decent preparation for a game in Ukraine a few days later if the same players were to play in both.  I do think if the game had been Friday night or Saturday, City would have played a stronger team.  We'll find out in the next 6 days if it was the right decision or not :ok:

17 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I can kind of understand Pelligrini's decision.  13/14 fit 1st team players as of last Friday with 3 big games in a week  - a fitfh round cup game, a CL last 16 game (the furthest the team have ever got is this round) and a cup final.

The Chelsea game was always going to be a tough game & certainly not decent preparation for a game in Ukraine a few days later if the same players were to play in both.  I do think if the game had been Friday night or Saturday, City would have played a stronger team.  We'll find out in the next 6 days if it was the right decision or not :ok:

It is a tough 3 games in 8 days but the toughest of them was Chelsea and by fielding half a youth side he's effectively given up on the first one to chance his arm in the next two.

On 22/02/2016 at 9:52 AM, fringo said:

It is a tough 3 games in 8 days but the toughest of them was Chelsea and by fielding half a youth side he's effectively given up on the first one to chance his arm in the next two.

Looks like Pelligrini was right to chance his arm :ok:

4 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Looks like Pelligrini was right to chance his arm :ok:

Maybees aye, maybees naw.................^_^

Knocked out of FA Cup ?

Slightly retracted my original comments he maybe had better justification than most to drop/swap players but it annoys me when so many seem to do it these days.