There's Spl Is Nowhere Near Competitive Enough - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

There's Spl Is Nowhere Near Competitive Enough

As of 18:22 tonight this is the top two positions from the so called best leagues in the world compared to the Scottish Premiership

Eee Pee Hell

1. Leicester City 53

2. Tottenham Hotspur 48

Bundesliga

1. Bayern Munich* 53

2. Dortmund 45

*match ongoing

La Liga

1. Barcelona* 51

2. Athletico 51

*2 games in hand

French Liga 1.

1. PSG 66

2. AS Monaco 45

Serie A

1. Napoli 53

2. Juventus 51

SPL

1. Celtic* 55

2. Aberdeen 55

*1 game in hand

Not sure what this proves.

Other than France and to a lesser extent Germany most leagues there are close enough.

One season doesn't make scottish football competitive outside the old firm. Also Aberdeen were relatively close for a while last season but how many points did Celtic end up winning the league by?

Not sure what this proves.

Other than France and to a lesser extent Germany most leagues there are close enough.

One season doesn't make scottish football competitive outside the old firm. Also Aberdeen were relatively close for a while last season but how many points did Celtic end up winning the league by?

Aberdeen were competitive until 5 games from the end of the season. At that point Celtic won the league and Aberdeen kind of stopped playing.

It was the closest any non-OF club had come since 1991.

There is the potential....nothing more than that...for Aberdeen to get closer this season.

Edited by Rossy

Well what does it prove? That we have a super competitive league.

I think that would be stretching things. I'm sure in a couple of years we will have reverted to rangers and celtic taking turns to win the league.

It's been that way for about 100 years except for the odd time.

If Aberdeen win the league this season I'm going to turn into a raving alcoholic for a month and walk about with my boaby hanging out until Christmas

Was it not Jock Stein who said you could have 6 grannies racing each other and Iit would be competitive but not a very high standard. This was in response to the Scottish League being accused of being a one horse race when Celtic were on their way to nine in a row. Same principle still stands - competition doesn't always equal quality. But long may competition exist in the SPFL and in my opinion, whether the EPL is competitive or not, the majority of the games are dire.

As of 18:22 tonight this is the top two positions from the so called best leagues in the world compared to the Scottish Premiership

Eee Pee Hell

1. Leicester City 53

2. Tottenham Hotspur 48

Bundesliga

1. Bayern Munich* 53

2. Dortmund 45

*match ongoing

La Liga

1. Barcelona* 51

2. Athletico 51

*2 games in hand

French Liga 1.

1. PSG 66

2. AS Monaco 45

Serie A

1. Napoli 53

2. Juventus 51

SPL

1. Celtic* 55

2. Aberdeen 55

*1 game in hand

Had started getting the exact numbers, but all those leagues have had between 5 and 8 different champions since 1985.

We've had 2.

Although great that Aberdeen are still up there don't fancy them at all to win it. Not that I think he's some fantastic player, far from it, but I'm fully expecting the mystery that is kris commons to score his usual fair few once he's back from injury. Aberdeen still to go to CP and Celtic will only get stronger till end of season (again though I still think Celtic are relatively poor and would be lucky to get out the bottom half of epl at this period of time)

Edited by JECK

There's only 12 teams in the SPL, 10 for a decent period aswell. Every other league his 18-20 teams

I'm not sure that your stat takes anything away from mine?

You could even make a case that a smaller league is stronger, therefore it enforces my point??

Celtic are muck and the only thing that will stop Aberdeen winning the League this season is themselves.If they have the baws to carry it through then they'll do it,whether they have those baws is a different argument altogether.I don't think they have big enough baws.

Last Wednesday I've ever seen a Celtic team roll over and take it right up the shitter after losing a goal as much as that mob .They look gone.If Griffiths wasn't there then the League would be over by now.

Last Wednesday I've ever seen a Celtic team roll over and take it right up the shitter after losing a goal as much as that mob .They look gone.If Griffiths wasn't there then the League would be over by now.

I was amazed that Griffiths started the game yesterday, and even more so that they kept him on when he pulled up and hobbled around for a while.

Ronny seemed to be gambling with his job at that point.

Don't under stand how so much folk in Scotland get a hard on for the EPL.. Especially nowadays folk claiming to be massive Arsenal Man United Liverpool fans ect yet they've never been to Emirates Old Trafford or Anfield in there puff

The bundesliga is miles better. Bigger crowds as well!!

We just get the English Premiership rammed down our throats every weekend..

Support your local team who ever that may be!