Any Spare Ireland Tickets?! - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Spare Ireland Tickets?!

DavidGreig

The SFA release their tickets when their most dedicated fans are abroad making their way home.

Not the first time they have does this either.

Tragedy if you missed out.

The window for fans travelling to Poland was before the Poland game :ok:

Heard of a few TA missing out on Ireland tickets. A lot of the regular TA are refusing to buy season tickets as a protest. They will still attend all qualifiers on a game by game purchase ticket EXCLUDING the England game. However for one reason or another they are now struggling for Ireland tickets.

Just heard from an Irish fan that many of the Irish fans with home end tickets had their money refunded in the past few days. I appreciate the security concerns, but when you think about the 15,000 plus TA in Paris in the home end in 2007 and 10,000 plus in Dortmund 6 weeks ago it's hard to justify that decision.

Just heard from an Irish fan that many of the Irish fans with home end tickets had their money refunded in the past few days. I appreciate the security concerns, but

when you think about the 15,000 plus TA in Paris in the home end in 2007 and 10,000 plus in Dortmund 6 weeks ago it's hard to justify that decision.

Crowd safety is the reason for segregation at any game. Anyone buying tickets for the opposition end know that there is a risk of not getting in. The SFA should never have sold any to non members with addresses in ROI. Personally I have no issues with our Irish cousins, but there is a bigoted element in their support, sadly mostly with Scottish accents who will not be welcome amongst Scotland fans. As I have said previously, I believe the Glasgow polis will ensure that anyone wearing Irish colours will not be allowed in the home end.

Just heard from an Irish fan that many of the Irish fans with home end tickets had their money refunded in the past few days. I appreciate the security concerns, but when you think about the 15,000 plus TA in Paris in the home end in 2007 and 10,000 plus in Dortmund 6 weeks ago it's hard to justify that decision.

Are you sure some of the lads I know received their tickets.

Crowd safety is the reason for segregation at any game. Anyone buying tickets for the opposition end know that there is a risk of not getting in. The SFA should never have sold any to non members with addresses in ROI. Personally I have no issues with our Irish cousins, but there is a bigoted element in their support, sadly mostly with Scottish accents who will not be welcome amongst Scotland fans. As I have said previously, I believe the Glasgow polis will ensure that anyone wearing Irish colours will not be allowed in the home end.

Nonsense the Irish Diaspora in the UK travel all over with the Irish team and have never caused one ounce of trouble.

I think this will be a fantastic occasion and would be great to see a mixed stadium, the way football should be.

Also I have no problem sitting in amongst Scots at Lansdowne Road in July as welcome as the flowers of May.

Sorry Jimstroma - but i have to echo Tallaghts post...........bigotry does not / nor ever will have any place amongst the irish support.

Any "support" who shows this and has a "Glasgow" accent showing bigotry as you say......are what many of ye guys on here refer to as "Plastic"........which in turn shows they are not apart of the fans from Ireland or other parts of the world who travel around supporting their country.

You wont be seeing any of that "plastic" sh*te when the T.A come to Dublin and ye will all be welcomed with open arms both within the city and in the stadium (no matter where ye sit)

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Sorry Jimstroma - but i have to echo Tallaghts post...........bigotry does not / nor ever will have any place amongst the irish support.

Any "support" who shows this and has a "Glasgow" accent showing bigotry as you say......are what many of ye guys on here refer to as "Plastic"........which in turn shows they are not apart of the fans from Ireland or other parts of the world who travel around supporting their country.

You wont be seeing any of that "plastic" sh*te when the T.A come to Dublin and ye will all be welcomed with open arms both within the city and in the stadium (no matter where ye sit)

I fully believe that bigotry is not welcome amongst the Irish fans. However there is a bigoted element, who mostly follow Celtic that will noise people up in the home end. The Glasgow polis come across them every week in Scottish football. The Rangers also have a bigoted element who will also try and noise up Scotland fans at the England game.

If it is true that the SFA are refunding Irish fans who bought home end tickets, I believe it would be on Police advice.

What an opportunity missed the greatest chance for The Sfa to integrate opposing fans, I have been to many Scotland games away where I have sat amongst the home fans even the local ultras without hindrance , When I was at the carling Roi game in Dublin I sat in roi end again without any grief from opposing fans I mixed and spoke to Northern Irish people who followed Roi. I must point out I came from the other side of the fence from many of theses guys I lived perhaps a mile away from them in north Belfast where we never had the chance to look at each other nevermind speak .Football broke the barriers down for me and them something it has taken politicians many years to do. I have no problem with an opposing fan sitting beside me no mater where they come from. The day when we can do this Football becomes the winner.

What an opportunity missed the greatest chance for The Sfa to integrate opposing fans, I have been to many Scotland games away where I have sat amongst the home fans even the local ultras without hindrance , When I was at the carling Roi game in Dublin I sat in roi end again without any grief from opposing fans I mixed and spoke to Northern Irish people who followed Roi. I must point out I came from the other side of the fence from many of theses guys I lived perhaps a mile away from them in north Belfast where we never had the chance to look at each other nevermind speak .Football broke the barriers down for me and them something it has taken politicians many years to do. I have no problem with an opposing fan sitting beside me no mater where they come from. The day when we can do this Football becomes the winner.

Great post mate.

Looking forward to having you back in Dublin and Lansdowne road next june

deecie Is it just the irish you don't want to sit with?

There will probably be more scots reeking of Guinness on matchday than irish fans :yikes3:

next thing you will be saying aberdonians should be denied access because they reek of money :whistling:

This is getting serious!!